Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 21

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
doubleOsoul

#201: Post by doubleOsoul »

Gustopher wrote:This just arrived! 1983 Elektra Supercasa.

<image>

I found it on Gumtree (the Australian version of craigslist) for $180. Fired it up this morning and it's all working great.
OH Wow! I was dreaming about these 83's back in 83 when I was a teenager. If you ever feel motivated, please post some videos. Would love to see it in action.

doubleOsoul

#202: Post by doubleOsoul »

Buffy_ZA wrote:So i've posted in this thread before when I found my La Pavoni Pro (Pre Mil) for $80 and i've just picked up a '77 Cremina in perfect working order for $63... Thats right $63!!

<image>
Yea, that's a score!

Eastsideloco

#203: Post by Eastsideloco »

Little back story to this score: Since 2010, I've cleaned or fully restored about 20 vintage coffee mills for friends, as wedding or birthday presents, as house warming or hospitality gifts, or as a special way of saying thank you. Most people respond by sending a thoughtful thank you note. However, friends from Nashville recently responded by bringing an Atomic to Austin as a host gift. This is a beautiful vintage brewer with all of the original parts, pieces and instructions (everything except the box). Here are pics taken before and after I cleaned and polished the brewer:

You might well ask (I have): Why would someone give a $400 collectible as a way of saying "thank you" for a $100 knee mill? The answer is that our friend D. is the thrift store queen, and she literally scored this Atomic for $5 at a thrift store in Santa Fe. She never really used it or intended to use it; she just thought it looked cool, which it does. I've always had a secret crush on the Atomic, especially from an industrial design perspective, but could never justify the high price these command.

So that's how one great score becomes two great scores. :wink:

beer&mathematics

#204: Post by beer&mathematics »

Great score!
LMWDP #431

MNSTA

#205: Post by MNSTA »

I picked up this little beauty for $25 at a local swap meet, I already have a preciso , so I thought it would be good for spare parts,

Anyway it works fine ,but I will need to replace the top adjustment collar ( $8 ) if I want to grind for espresso as someone has knocked the hopper with some force and taken a piece of the plastic thread out of the collar at espresso range, anything coarser than espresso and its fine.

boxerboxer

#206: Post by boxerboxer »

Thanks to a little forethought and IFTTT I just scored a working Silvia (bought in 2002, which as best I can tell makes it a V1) on Craigslist for $75. It's no Cremina but the cheapest used Silvia I could find on ebay sold for $160 shipped and wasn't working, so I'm pretty pleased with myself :D

Lokoseena

#207: Post by Lokoseena »

Just received these 2 machines for $1000 CAN.

One is a Rancilio E1 and the other is an Elektra T1. They in good condition but need a thorough cleaning. Now I need to pick the none that goes in the kitchen between my current Rancilio S27 vs Rancilio Epoca or Elektra T1. Or sell them and get something more residential. Decisions decisions...

Compass Coffee

#208: Post by Compass Coffee »

Lokoseena wrote:Just received these 2 machines for $1000 CAN.

<image>

One is a Rancilio E1 and the other is an Elektra T1. They in good condition but need a thorough cleaning. Now I need to pick the none that goes in the kitchen between my current Rancilio S27 vs Rancilio Epoca or Elektra T1. Or sell them and get something more residential. Decisions decisions...
Nice score(s)! Without hesitation I'd go with the Elektra T1.
Mike McGinness

doubleOsoul

#209: Post by doubleOsoul »

Like David, I've always had a little crush on the Atomic (great score, by the way). It has those nice '50s lines I adore (same for the Caravel). I didn't score directly but my thoughtful son found this Atomic for $30 CAD which in good money is about $21. Did I mention how thoughtful he is? Anyway, I'm told I have a very early Mother's Day gift coming. Someone got in the will today ... lol.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#210: Post by yakster »

Sweet score, sweet son.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272