SCAA 2015 Product Debuts - Page 11

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
drgary
Team HB

#101: Post by drgary »

The Cafelat all-in-one portafilter fits perfectly in the first U.S. La Pavoni Europiccola. This is a brass group insert machine pre-dating a removable shower screen. Paul Pratt has a 1973 Europiccola where he tested his portafilter. That has a removable shower screen but is also the first-generation group. You can buy the portafilter without the bottom insert at very reasonable cost. I enjoy the convenience of a basket-retaining spring clip compared to the original portafilter.

If you look closely at the photo you'll see the bullet shaped one hole steam tip gifted to me by Robert Pavlis. I keep the original steam tip and all original parts in a museum piece like this machine.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#102: Post by doubleOsoul »

That looks like a lot of portafilter to love. Mentions it sells on Stefano's site but I couldn't find it.

drgary
Team HB

#103: Post by drgary »

To find out where to buy it go to the Cafelat site, and if you can't find a place to buy it locally, contact them directly.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Paul_Pratt

#104: Post by Paul_Pratt »

We will put up a Marketplace post after the weekend. I expect these will only be available from us directly, but it would be nice to have them with one of our resellers.

I was let down by a parts supplier who did not send the springs for the baskets, all other parts have been in stock for weeks. Very frustrating. Call me old fashioned but I do not feel comfortable selling them without having all the bits ready.

The handles are original current Pavoni as far as I am aware.

Peppersass

#105: Post by Peppersass »

In case anyone is interested, I updated the firmware in my Acaia Pearl and now the response time is faster and it's much more stable. I get more or less instant read when weighing the dose and a lag of about 2g weighing the extraction, which is about what I've seen on other digital scales.

caffeinezombie

#106: Post by caffeinezombie »

Is it just me or did La Marzocco bump the price up for the preorder lunar scales to 250? I vaguely remember them being priced at 230/240. Anyone know what the normal ones will retail for?

bob

ira
Team HB

#107: Post by ira »

I think there are 2 versions, the standard and the Eclipse which is $250. No clue what the difference is, but I know mine says "Eclipse Edition."

Ira

caffeinezombie

#108: Post by caffeinezombie »

Ah.. I also noticed that nobody here seems to have mentioned another scale that made an appearance at scaa.. seems like a good upgrade to the hario at a really good price too!

https://www.facebook.com/brewista/video ... =2&theater

I believe it was going to have a MSRP of $50 even though they aren't selling them yet.

bob

brianl

#109: Post by brianl replying to caffeinezombie »

that looks great, thanks. I just wish it was a little smaller.

kaldi61

#110: Post by kaldi61 »

That brewista scale has a pretty cool pourover mode. It automatically zeroes after you dump in your coffee grounds. A few auto modes and of course full manual mode. Very neat. Hopefully they get it to market, and if so I'll have to choose between it and the new hario, which looks awesome.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."