Need a professional to ID my commerical machine

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
hot drinks

#1: Post by hot drinks »

Hello, I acquired this device and have little use for it. Could a professional lend me some advice on how best to return this equipment to use? I wish to resell, but can't describe it properly nor perform a proper test because there is no instruction manual. The product label on the bottom states" ESSEGIELLE, MOD. BIG BAR DUETTO. The power rating is 2520 W @ 120V (has a single three prong plug). Made in Italy. Thank you, Earle

Mrboots2u

#2: Post by Mrboots2u »

hot drinks wrote:Hello, I acquired this device and have little use for it. Could a professional lend me some advice on how best to return this equipment to use? I wish to resell, but can't describe it properly nor perform a proper test because there is no instruction manual. The product label on the bottom states" ESSEGIELLE, MOD. BIG BAR DUETTO. The power rating is 2520 W @ 120V (has a single three prong plug). Made in Italy. Thank you, Earle
<image>
well its sold here...
http://www.espressobar.co.uk/bigbarduetto.html

Sold in the uk new for £480 so i dont think you will get much for it
The Machine is made by Saquella, Model Big Bar Duetto and you can use Coffee Pods or ground coffee with this

Some other info dug up

Semi-automatic machine 2 groups, fully electromechanical, originally developed to operate commercially (recommended w / up to 500 doses / day) with capsules of Keurig type, modified by the importer (with good quality parts) to operate with one trade group of 58mm by keeping one original group capsules Keurig. I have the filter holder for capsules, but the importer can provide if there is interest.

2 groups are operating with two pumps and two thermoblocks Ulka separately with independent thermostats keys and then gives to turn "half" of the machine at a time, according to need / desire. Separate hot water rods (linked to the group 58mm) and steam (linked to the group Capsule).

Housing and extrutura completely in steel, finished in black powder paint, and parts in polished stainless steel, cast aluminum (58mm in group "die cast") and chrome plated brass.

Removable tank 2,7L sensor with "empty" light on the dashboard warning and automatic deactivation of the pumps when the water falls below the safe level (~ 200 ml).

Advertisement
sweaner

#3: Post by sweaner »

I see that has the new "Bolt-Handle Portafilter!"

This allows better use of the Freezaporto technique.

Moderator note: Take out the "s" in https and then remove anything after the "&" sign, but also remove the "&" sign, place in [youtube]......[/youtube]. It's frustrating, but this makes it work every time.
Scott
LMWDP #248

day

#4: Post by day »

sweaner wrote:I see that has the new "Bolt-Handle Portafilter!"

This allows better use of the Freezaporto technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEfbO1 ... re=related
(Would not imbed)
+1
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

cuppajoe

#5: Post by cuppajoe »

I've always enjoyed satire... Turned on the sound briefly to confirm an Aussie.

There was a version of this guy sitting on a bench in a restaurant/barge on the Tiber in Rome last year. The place was called Baja, run by a New Yorker, with no connection to Italy or Mexico that I could see. Your run of the mill tourist/hipster trap. Needed a quick lunch and it was the only place open that we could find. Food was over priced and so-so(stuck with salads and bread).
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

hot drinks (original poster)

#6: Post by hot drinks (original poster) »

Thank you very much for your time and input. So it's a point of service system for bars and such. I've been putting it through some powered on tests (luckily the twin 1200W heaters are separately switched because my kitchen doesn't have a 25A circuit) and find it easy to use with a brief timer lamp to dispense two aliquots of hot water on the right and one on the left. Temperature was 188-199F. I'll keep the system wet for a few days to see if the steam nozzle breaks free of the blockage. One last question? Do I need to test it with actual coffee grounds to create back pressure or is this good?