LMWDP Rollcall - Page 169

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doubleOsoul

#1681: Post by doubleOsoul »

After about a week of one of the longest seller hold outs I've ever had (kind of like a bad poker game ...lol), this Conti Prestina finally made it home. She needs some love and a portafilter but I can't wait to take on this project.

TomC
Team HB

#1682: Post by TomC »

Congrats! I wanna see your rebuild!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

doubleOsoul

#1683: Post by doubleOsoul replying to TomC »

Thanks, Tom. It be my first official rebuild but I'm overdue. Collecting is good and all but I need to learn how to fix these vintage beauties to truly appreciate collecting.

drgary
Team HB

#1684: Post by drgary »

Cher and I were tracking this one behind the scenes, and I was finally able to get off my pins and needles. That Prestina will be a beauty!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#1685: Post by doubleOsoul replying to drgary »

Kind thanks for your support, Gary. I don't know if I would have kept trying to deal with the seller otherwise.

kaldi61

#1686: Post by kaldi61 »

Mike - that is a beautiful Cremina.

Cher - way to go on snagging that diamond-in-the-rough. That's the first lever I've seen that's got the group off center. Has anyone seen that before?
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

drgary
Team HB

#1687: Post by drgary »

kaldi61 wrote:Cher - way to go on snagging that diamond-in-the-rough. That's the first lever I've seen that's got the group off center. Has anyone seen that before?
Conti Prestina Espresso Machine Restoration 101 (Completed and Indexed)
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

kaldi61

#1688: Post by kaldi61 »

Wow - Gary, I read your post a while back. I actually came across it looking for tips on how to remove old bakelite handles and based on my search words it came up. It is an incredible post. But when I looked at your beautiful machine, I didn't really appreciate the off-center group. Perhaps it's the angle, and that the cover is off the group, but I didn't notice. And I consider myself a halfway decent detail lunatic. :shock:
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

turboyeast

#1689: Post by turboyeast »

doubleOsoul wrote:She needs some love and a portafilter but I can't wait to take on this project.
I have a original spare portafilter for the Conti prestina. It is not in great shape (handle loose/chrome bad), but you can have it for free. Shipping costs ~30 USD. PM me if you are interested.
Regards, TY

doubleOsoul

#1690: Post by doubleOsoul replying to turboyeast »

Wow, didn't see that coming. TY, thanks so much for the kind offer. I'll PM you for and with details.