Invergo (Kickstarter) - Page 7

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
DigMe

#61: Post by DigMe »

Hario makes something kind of like this only for sale in Japan but without the pouring pattern. You can buy it on Amazon but apparently you have to have some kind of 120v to 100v converter:

http://www.amazon.com/HARIO-coffee-make ... 009JWH5YE/

brad

SpromoSapiens (original poster)

#62: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

That hario thing is interesting. I'd definitely consider it if there were a US seller (lower shipping cost).

Invergo Hughes for some reason prefers to let one particular commenter bully him into semi regular informal 20-30 word updates, in the comment section, not broadcast. On 2/15/15 he replied: "We will update as there is news to share. The factory in China is closed for the Chinese New Year until March 8th. We are going to spend the time until then testing the PCB and doing revisions as well as preparing drawings for the housing."

Emotionally, i've moved on. But I do at this point think it might actually come to fruition someday. My guess is, backers will get machines but they will never be manufactured for sale because he will not have found funding to pull it off, nor will the unclaimed units from the initial run sell as well as he hopes because he'll have to charge more for them then he originally planned. There will be no support or parts for when they inevitably break. In a couple year's time, the few remaining functional units will be collector's items. But some of us will get a few months of automated pourovers, maybe.

#63: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

Hughes posted an update. I'm starting to come back to believing that this might happen after all!

He posted a photo of the PCB with the pump and heating coil attached, plus a video of the digital interface in action, reacting to buttons being pushed. He also posted a link to a Dropbox folder for backers to download which contains an html file with an interactive sample of the UI for backers to play with. I haven't played with the file but it does instil some confidence, that he would post it.

Also included was a screenshot of a digital design for the case. Hughes writes: "What we are currently working on is designing the entire machine to be injection molded. As you can see (in photo he posted) it is our current progress with a draft analysis. We will then send the CAD files to factory and they will mill molds out of aluminum and we can get about 50 machines from this. These will be sent off to the beta testers as well as the UL."

So, the Invergo is not dead.

TomC
Team HB

#64: Post by TomC »

Did you get an email alert? I backed this, but haven't received any updates. I thought I was automatically subscribed to project updates, but maybe not.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#65: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

Yes, i did get an email alert.

day

#66: Post by day »

Hopefully they can get this one on the ground. This now looks possible eh?
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

jbviau
Supporter ★

#67: Post by jbviau »

Not sure it's all that relevant, but I see Hughes (CEO of Invergo) is one of the featured speakers this morning in a talk on coffee tech. at SXSW: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2015/events/event_IAP39166
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#68: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Another month passed since a comment was posted here with any new news. Anyone heard anything?

EDIT:

I just heard they were in Seattle for the SCAA show, anyone there at the show hear about Invergo?
LMWDP #371

#69: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

By coincidence, just last night, Cameron commented:
"[SXSW] went well. I have spent the past month working on setting up for SCAA which is today as well as fundraising which I can't go into more detail yet but it is going well (wink wink). I will have an update for you guys tomorrow."

I shudder to consider the possibilities of what "wink wink" might mean, from a kid that basically hoodwinked the public right out of the gates. Maybe he set up a Three Card Monty table at sxsw. Maybe the invergo only takes kcups now. Just kidding; I get the impression he's doing his best and trying to save his updates for maximum impressiveness. More little updates would be better, even if there's no news per se. But he's won back some confidence from me.

[creative nickname]

#70: Post by [creative nickname] »

If someone could stop by their booth at SCAA and post up a report, I (among others, no doubt) would be extremely grateful!
LMWDP #435