Does anyone else goto bed thinking of their morning espresso technique? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
ben8jam (original poster)

#11: Post by ben8jam (original poster) »

Ah ha... the truth comes out. :lol:

canuckcoffeeguy

#12: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Or, sometimes I just say no to bed and pull another shot!

Sevenhorses

#13: Post by Sevenhorses »

No, I just hope for a miracle to happen :wink:

heavyduty

#14: Post by heavyduty »

No, just the usual nightmare about running out of beans. :wink:
Have you ever staked out the mailman waiting for your order of beans? :lol:
Ever notice how the mailman is always unusually late the day your order is coming and you don't have quite enough beans for a full shot? :evil:
Yea I know, I need to start roasting. I've been thinking about that lately while lying in bed. lol
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

ben8jam (original poster)

#15: Post by ben8jam (original poster) replying to heavyduty »

Lol, I just did that on Saturday with FedEx and my espresso beans and supplies. I saw the truck and went running out like it was the ice cream man or something.

And +1 to start roasting. Love playing with the greens from Sweet Maries. I've just been doing popcorn popper but been really happy with how they have turned out. Nothing better then that smell the next morning!

rpavlis

#16: Post by rpavlis »

There are multiple ways to roast coffee. Then one can also go to bed thinking about which one to roast next, and which one to have the next morning! Because green beans have a LONG storage life, it is very feasible to have half a dozen or more different green coffees available. I have had a little Nesco roaster that has lasted for four years. (Some complain that they have short service lives.) It roasts very consistently. I have some sealing canisters to store the roasted coffee. The Nesco roasts about 150 or so grams. Green beans are less expensive than roasted, and one does not constantly have to have them shipped. There is also the issue of having exactly the wanted degree of roasting. My brother has roasted coffee for many years using a wok and an outdoor wok propane burner. That takes practice, but after a steep learning curve the results are great. The Nesco does not produce clouds of smoke, though it does produce a nice smell of roasting coffee.

Bluecold

#17: Post by Bluecold »

Nope,
espresso machine and grinder design however...
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

RioCruz

#18: Post by RioCruz »

Anticipating the first cup of coffee the next morning is one of the things that make life FUN! Tis truly something to look forward to the night before.

Roasting your own beans is another exciting motivation. You just have to learn not to peruse Sweet Maria's website very often, otherwise you end up with tons of green beans. :D
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle