[SOLD] 1985 Pasquini Livietta - fully restored

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
RAS

#1: Post by RAS »

UPDATE: Price lowered ($850 plus shipping!!!) to hopefully get this fantastic machine into a good home. Really don't want to go to eBay! Thanks

Original posting:
I've hesitated for quite a while on this, but it's time to do some Spring cleaning, and as part of that, my "mothballed" Pasquini Livietta is in need of a good home. This is the machine that I restored, and documented that restoration in following HB thread: Pasquini Livietta (Olympia Maximatic) restoration. In that thread, you'll see how this machine looks now. The summary is as follows:

1. Down-to-the-frame restoration
2. New pump
3. New paint (professionally powder-coated)
4. Re-chromed or polished shiny parts
5. Fully insulated boiler using 1/2" thick 350 F wrap

At 30 years old, the machine is in incredible condition, and ready to make incredible espresso for another who is passionate about Olympia machines (I'm keeping my Cremina and Caffarex!). The little I've actually used it has been with much care. You can see that it looks today as good as it did when I restored it - the pics below were taken yesterday. Two things I'd want to report are the hinge on the water cover. After hearing of another Maximatic owner's hinge weld-points getting weak, I augmented the connection on mine with a very small bead of JB Weld. You can see this in the one pic of the lid up. Also, I never reattached the serial number plate. It can be seen in a couple pics, and is ready to be reattached, if you want to do this (I never did because I wasn't sure where I wanted to - underneath, or on the side).

If you'd like to see any of the following images in a higher resolution, please send me a PM. I'll upload them to my Dropbox folder.

Price: Lowered to $850 (from $1100, where there had been tire-kickers, and I'm hoping this will push them over!), and that includes the machine, PF, two double baskets, back-flushing disc, OE 54mm dosing funnel and a 55mm Lava tamp flat (it is an absolutely perfect fit for the "54"mm baskets). Buyer to pay actual shipping costs. I'll look into ways to do this, but I'd prefer to avoid PayPal transaction costs...

Bob