Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 206

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#2051: Post by yakster »

My La Peppina has made a previous appearance on this thread (somewhere on the 206 pages of posts) but I picked up a ThermoPop to stick in the lid (instead of the ugly blue PID box) and move the Gaggia Factory to the shelf to bring the La Peppina out and bring it into usage again.

The La Peppina takes up much less space without the PID and the kettle retains the water temperature well enough that it's pretty easy to power it up to temp and shut it off when ready to pull shots. I've got a one hole stopper stuck in the bottom of the lid to minimize the moisture build-up on the thermometer. The thermometer probe could be longer, I just need to remember to keep the kettle full enough so that it's submerged.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

mfogliet

#2052: Post by mfogliet »

Where did you get lid the ThermoPop sticks into?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2053: Post by yakster »

That's the standard Euro lid that comes with the La Peppina. The steamer lid was added by a US importer later and I was lucky enough to get a machine with both. (not that the steamer lid was ever much more than a gimmick) I've use thermometers on this lid in the past, just not ones that looked quite as nice with the machine. The lid has a hole and you can put your demitasse on top to pre-heat it but I find that it overheats that way anyway so I never used it that way after finding that out.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

doubleOsoul

#2054: Post by doubleOsoul »

yakster wrote:My La Peppina has made a previous appearance on this thread (somewhere on the 206 pages of posts) but I picked up a ThermoPop to stick in the lid (instead of the ugly blue PID box) and move the Gaggia Factory to the shelf to bring the La Peppina out and bring it into usage again.
Good to see your Peppina in rotation, Chris. I was thinking about your's today. At the end of an episode of Quincy (don't judge :lol: ), he gives a gift to his assistant - a brand new red La Peppina!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2055: Post by yakster »

With your help, I found the episode, Season 3, Ep. 10, "Touch of Death". I probably saw this one in the 70's but wasn't into espresso, or really even into coffee yet at that point.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Chert

#2056: Post by Chert »

Please someone, photoshop, DOS and yakster into that frame!
LMWDP #198

doubleOsoul

#2057: Post by doubleOsoul »

yakster wrote:With your help, I found the episode, Season 3, Ep. 10, "Touch of Death". I probably saw this one in the 70's but wasn't into espresso, or really even into coffee yet at that point.

<image>

AWESOME... you got the screen shot! I love how they are all befuddled about how "this thing makes coffee"...lol!
I never saw this episode until yesterday likely because in late 1970s Canada, I had a big choice of one channel to watch. But, even as a kid and not knowing what a lever was, I wanted one.

Marcelnl

#2058: Post by Marcelnl »

Just remembered I owed a picture of the setup in the finished kitchen, here it is.
LMWDP #483

zeb

#2059: Post by zeb »

Just acquired yesterday :

Quite happy with this, with it I finished my series 1, 2 3 groups Marte :D

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2060: Post by yakster »

Very nice, looks in excellent condition.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272