Anyone Heard from Orphan Espresso Lately? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
HB
Admin

#11: Post by HB »

Mark_Israel wrote:Does anyone here have an alternative way to contact Orphanespresso?
Sigh. I've merged your thread with one of the threads on the same subject. It's not just you. I asked the same question:
HB wrote:Barb, please contact me offline with instructions on how your customers should contact your company for service and/or questions about order status. E-mail? Contact us form? Other? I will then update this post with your instructions. Thanks.
Barb asks customers to use info@oehandgrinders.com or fixit@orphanespresso.com or the contact form.
Dan Kehn

boxerboxer

#12: Post by boxerboxer »

Has anyone heard from OE as to whether the Pharos will be available again?

I have reached out via email and Twitter but haven't seen a response yet. I certainly don't blame OE - they seem like busy folk, but I wanted to be clear that I have tried contacting them.

Searching this forum yielded a thread where someone was told (some time in 2013) that they're were 75 units worth of parts to be used up, which sort of implied they would not be built after that at least for a while. I also remember seeing in my search that after Lido 3 development settled down OE might look at another revision of the Pharos, but that was a while ago and was worded quite tentatively.

Please note that I don't have links for the above and am working off memory so it should be taken with a big grain of salt.

Anyway, I'd really like to know what the near future holds so as to decide between looking for a used Pharos or waiting for a new batch and/or revision directly from OE.

I suppose I can always start looking for a used Pharos now and sell it if an updated version is released.

HB
Admin

#13: Post by HB »

I appreciate your frustration, but there's already several "how to I get an answer from Orphan Espresso?" threads (e.g., Ordering from Orphan Espresso delays? and Contacting Orphan Espresso and Ordering a Pharos from Orphan Espresso and this one). I've merged your thread with this one and ask that you follow Barb's recommendation: She asks that customers use info@oehandgrinders.com or fixit@orphanespresso.com or the contact form.
Dan Kehn

James Mulryan

#14: Post by James Mulryan »

Trying to find Inker espresso cups on their web site, emailed them last week, no response, tried to email again today now email form on their website is not clicking through.

HB
Admin

#15: Post by HB »

James, I've merged your thread "Orphan Espresso still in Business?" into this catch-all thread. I do know that Barb/Doug are still around since we recently exchanged e-mails on another subject. All I can suggest is keep trying via the methods proposed above. As for ordering cups, see Inker Cups for some suggestions.
Dan Kehn

wintoid

#16: Post by wintoid »

I'm in the UK, so ordering from Orphan has the additional complication of international shipping. I ordered some stuff and the order came but was incomplete. OK no problem, the missing piece is not an expensive item, so I emailed the fixit address a week ago, but have had no response. I've also PMed them a few days ago but I don't think they've read it as it's still in my outbox. I tried to do an RMA on the website and it didn't work.

I'm a little frustrated. Does anyone else have another way to contact them that they could share with me?

Thanks,

Simon
Simon
LMWDP #486

jbviau
Supporter ★

#17: Post by jbviau »

Try Twitter.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

HB
Admin

#18: Post by HB »

wintoid wrote:Does anyone else have another way to contact them that they could share with me?
Rather than start another thread on the same subject, I've merged your thread with this existing one.
Dan Kehn

Kainu7

#19: Post by Kainu7 »

I bought a Lido 2 back a month ago, I love the grinder, I use it every day. When I placed my order I order some accessories such as the anti-static grounds jar and the black tote bag. I received the Lido 2 and the O rings. I did not receive the anti-static jar, black tote bag nor the new handle. I have emailed Doug and Barb 3 times now at info@oehandgrinders.com and twice on twitter with no response. I have even tried to call them at the number provided on the order form, the number is disconnected.

I can only assume they have seen my emails and my tweets, they have posted their own tweets since I have sent mine.

At this point I am for a loss. What do I do? I love the grinder and I know they have a lot going on right now, but I haven't even got an acknowledgement from them yet. Are they on back order? I don't know and so far, I have only been ignored and I just want to be updated as to what happened and how to get it resolved.

HB
Admin

#20: Post by HB »

Kainu7 wrote:At this point I am for a loss. What do I do?
Rather than start another thread on the same subject, I've merged your thread with this existing one. You are not alone in your frustration with Orphan Espresso's post-sales service. :roll:
Dan Kehn