La Pavoni Professional - pressure gauge needle repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
goodbyejoe

#1: Post by goodbyejoe »

Hi guys, the needle in my pressure gauge fell off and I cannot open the gauge to fix this. Does anybody know how to open that thing. I unscrewed the 2 screws on the back but that didn't help. It is a '81 La Pavoni Professional so I didn't want to force it.

Thanks in advance
GoodByeJoe

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#2: Post by EspressoForge »

Is it an oil filled gauge? Can you see a bubble of air at the top?

I'm guessing either way, it would probably not be worth the effort to open it up, recalibrate the gauge, etc. Might as well just replace it. Just my opinion.

pizzigri

#3: Post by pizzigri »

Please replace the two screws as they only hold the black plastic cover. The chromed bezel is pressed on and fitted, so you can remove it simply by pulling off said bezel... The glass will also come off. Use a screwdriver to pry under the gauge against the brass block. The bezel will move, all you have to do then is wiggle it until it just comes loose. Voila! To put it back, just press fit it again once done.

goodbyejoe (original poster)

#4: Post by goodbyejoe (original poster) »

Many thanks!

lbcyclist

#5: Post by lbcyclist »

My pressure gauge had the needle off, I opened it, pulled the needle out and reset it in the correct position. It now works like magic. It is a 2011 Professional, so may not be the same type gauge as yours.