[SOLD] Nespresso Maestria (the one with a steam wand)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
bluesman

#1: Post by bluesman »

Here's a great solution for use in your office or other location where you can't or don't want to put a larger, more formal machine. I bought this Nespresso Maestria about 3 years ago to sustain me while I decided which "real machine" would replace my prior one when it died. It turned out to be much better than I expected - the steam wand's up to making art in a reasonable cap of microfoam once you learn how to surf the surface just right (it took me a few months to get consistent with it). I posted two typical caps below. But without a refrigerator and work space, I don't make milk drinks in my office (my old Essenza does a fine job there). The Maestria just sits in my basement while I use my Lelit, so I want to sell it to someone who will use it more fully.

Our tap water's pretty good (report 1 and report 2), and I've used it when out of bottled water - but it's been on Poland Spring or Deer Park for about 75% of its use. I've descaled it every time the light comes on, although I think the light must be based on hours of use, as there's never been any evidence of a problem and the solution comes out clean as a whistle. As I've only descaled my Essenza twice in over 10 years (because I thought I should) and there's never been any evidence of a problem, it's probably not necessary to do this as frequently as the light suggests (if at all...) See the Maestria website for more info here. They're $550 list but generally available now for $450 (e.g. Sur La Table).

Price: $200 plus shipping (includes 5 tubes of coffee capsules, a $50 value). I'll throw in my Nespresso Aeroccino for another $35.