Yesterday was out with the old, in with the new!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Compass Coffee

#1: Post by Compass Coffee »

Well yesterday at the Roastery coffeebar it was time to say goodbye to a good friend. This bad boy has been a really consistent hard worker for the past 5 years.

Displaced by this sexy beast I picked up last Saturday! Went home last night a tad bit caffeinated. :lol: Deinstalling, installing, moving da beasts what a job! But Curtis and I managed the heavy lifting ok no sprained backs etc.! :D Surprisingly the Linea 4gr was lighter than the 3gr Cyncra.
Mike McGinness

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Very nice! I'll drop by to check it out. Happy Thanksgiving!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

trumz

#3: Post by trumz »

Awesome 8)

Spitz.me

#4: Post by Spitz.me »

That's awesome Mike. It's weird that a 4 group looks so egregiously humongous compared to a three. It's not the same difference between a 2 and a 3. Fours just look huge!
LMWDP #670

Compass Coffee (original poster)

#5: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to Spitz.me »

Agree but think looks are somewhat deceiving! The 4gr Linea 46" wide while the 3gr Cyncra main body 37" and 41" including steam levers. So while 5" total narrower I think the massive exposed groups with paddles draw visual focus more away from the body. Of course the 4 gr Linea was/is indeed huge!
Mike McGinness

frank828

#6: Post by frank828 »

that's beautiful! i'm jelly

#7: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to frank828 »

Yup she's a looker for sure. However your home GS3 MP taint no slouch and makes my home QM V2B turn green with envy. :wink:
Mike McGinness

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by Terranova »

Is it a Cyncra or does it have a rota pump for each group ?
This thing is serious engineering and built to last.
Congrats !

#9: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to Terranova »

Yes Cyncra not Hydra = single pump = preinfusion only works with no group already running. Can start 2 simultaneously and have preinfusion but haven't figured out how to use a foot to start the 3rd! :lol: Actually thinking about it could probably do it using forearm but don't see a need, except to do it for fun. Which of course means now I'll have to try it! :mrgreen:

For the record IMO La Marzoccos also serious engineering and made to last. That decade plus old Linea 4gr still running strong no problem and pulls excellent shots. But with it's old style AV external loop to groups means idles well below temp and a PIA needing to flush up to temp in a sporadic environment like the Roastery bar.
Mike McGinness

cannonfodder
Team HB

#10: Post by cannonfodder »

Spitz.me wrote:That's awesome Mike. It's weird that a 4 group looks so egregiously humongous compared to a three. It's not the same difference between a 2 and a 3. Fours just look huge!
A 3 group just runs 2 boilers, one for steam one for brew. The 4 group Linea uses 2 brew boilers, one for each 2 groups and a steam boiler the size of a small water heater which adds to its huge size. It also takes something like a 60 amp service. Those things are just huge.

You can modify that older machine with the newer banjo tubes that are inboard to fix the boiler to group offset but if you are getting rid of it, why do all that work.
Dave Stephens