Arist coffee machine (Kickstarter) - Page 7

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
jbr

#61: Post by jbr »

I don't think it was cold brew because you can see some steam on the glasses when the drinks are poured.
The fact that you hear a vibratory pump when they dispense coffee and milk foam (with the characteristic intermittent "pulsing" sound the pump uses to spurt just enough water into a steam thermobock to make steam) all indicates that there was a real espresso machine SOMEWHERE.
I doubt it was inside that mockup.
Most likely what they did is used a black plastic hose to make it look like the electrical cord and fed that from another machine on the floor or around the corner.
Variable temp, real time variable pressure, select beans from either bin, variable milk froth texture, syrup/sugar/chocolate powder mixing?
uh, no....

Marrow

#62: Post by Marrow »

I couldn't see steam really. Definitely didn't see any on the pucks. BTW why were people questioning how dry and solid the pucks were? Mine are like that after about 30 seconds in the Pavoni. They come out steaming though.

Advertisement
jbr

#63: Post by jbr »

My issue with the pucks is that pucks from superautos are usually pretty wet because superautos don't usually have a 3-way solenoid and instead a puddle forms in the puck bin when the brew group drops the pucks and water above the puck. Those pucks dropped dry and looked hard. Also, when they dropped that far (because the machine was elevated) there should have been some damage to the pucks (break in half, chunks fall off, etc). My superauto damages about half the pucks when they drop into a puck drawer that is right beneath the brew group.

Bob_McBob

#64: Post by Bob_McBob »

Chris

russel

#65: Post by russel »

I guess I'm a little dense...is the IDIB a parody or some sort of farce? It can't be that the case that the Arist people are trying to double dip.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

jbr

#66: Post by jbr »

Ha, that is hilarious but unlikely in MHO to be the same people.
Photoshop is a powerful tool, I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I wonder if someone has to prove they have something real before they can sue someone else...
Hard to say whether that would be impersonation, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or nada...
Indeogogo is even a more dangerous place then KS since the money goes directly to the "creator".
I like how that site says this creator is "verified".

Bob_McBob

#67: Post by Bob_McBob »

Definitely a parody. They even added the mysterious blue light from the earlier KS comments to all the product photos.
Chris

Advertisement
wsfarrell

#68: Post by wsfarrell »

Looks like their global search and replace didn't quite work: the word Arist appears a couple of times in the FAQ.

Also, it appears they will take your money. What happens then?

MWJB

#69: Post by MWJB »

The IDIB project (which mentions H-B in "media") seems to be created by a chef who has another project running:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indi ... restaurant

The video on the Indie go go site doesn't seem to have any direct link to the project described. His avatar depicts Rene Redzepi, David Chang & Alex Atala from a Time magazine over.

jonr

#70: Post by jonr »

I hate to see an interesting funding model and source of innovation be ruined by scammers.