Scace / XLS

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Iskanda

#1: Post by Iskanda »

A short introduction: My name is Holger, I'm living in Germany (close to Berlin) and as we have been many times in Italy we use (italian) coffee machines since 20 years.

I started to use a scace 2 and try to understand the results of a shot. I read several useful post here as it is not easy to find much information in germany. But I'm not sure about the results (in relation to other machines).

Is someone having logged data from any machine as file (CSV, XLS,...) ?

....just one other question: Where can I upload images here to insert these images by code into my post ?

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Hello Holger, and welcome to H-B!

Here's how to post images on the site. For now there's a site upgrade just being tried out so if a function doesn't work try a different browser.

Posting images on HB
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

Is someone having logged data from any machine as file (CSV, XLS,...) ?
Yes, I have hundreds. Here is just one example:

The thermocouple meter you are using must have the capability to record the data, typically at the rate of 1/sec, and save this data as a CSV file or other format that MS Excel understands. A chart can be created in Excel and then the image of the chart is copied/pasted into an image editor. I happen to use Irfanview.

Send me an email and I will respond with several MS Excel files or whatever you reasonably want.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Iskanda (original poster)

#4: Post by Iskanda (original poster) »

drgary wrote:Hello Holger, and welcome to H-B!

Here's how to post images on the site. For now there's a site upgrade just being tried out so if a function doesn't work try a different browser.

Posting images on HB
Thank you. I will change the browser if it is not working.

Iskanda (original poster)

#5: Post by Iskanda (original poster) »

erics wrote: The thermocouple meter you are using must have the capability to record the data typically at the rate of 1/sec and save this data as a CSV file or other format that MS Excel understands. A chart can be created in Excel and then the image of the chart is copied/pasted into an image editor. I happen to use Irfanview.
My device is recoding data at 1 record/second. If have done several measurements and imported the results to Excel and I create some charts to compare.