What is your favorite whole milk to use to make lattes? - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
lttletimmy

#11: Post by lttletimmy »

I also love both Clover organic whole and Straus barista milk. The clover especially seems to taste noticeably sweeter than most when steamed.

frank828

#12: Post by frank828 »

Marshall wrote:And where do you buy the Straus Barista Milk? I haven't found it anywhere for consumers.
unfortunately, it's not sold to consumers. since i order it for the shop, it's what i take home to use as it's the most convenient for me.

if you wanna give it a try, let me know, i'd be happy to sell you some from the cafe(dtla demitasse)

OctagonCoffee (original poster)

#13: Post by OctagonCoffee (original poster) »

Hello! so I just tried making couple latte with two different kinds of milk from Organic Valley. I used Grassmilk whole milk and the regular whole milk, and I felt like Grassmilk tends to make less foam than the regular one does. But the foam was not smooth enough? that it was hard to make latte art with it. I tried make Rosetta three times, and every single one ended up with like a Thor's hammer (I suck at latte art anyway :P). The regular Organic Valley whole milk seems like to make the similar amount of foam that the milk I used to use, and it was smooth enough to make latte art that even the first try, I made a decent looking Rosetta. For the taste, I could not tell the significant differences, but grassmilk made sweeter taste to latte than the regular one did. Sorry for my bad review but hope this helps :P

csader

#14: Post by csader »

I usually just grab whatever Whole Organic milk is at the supermarket.

j_moran82

#15: Post by j_moran82 »

Another vote for Organic Valley, switch to Braums every once and a while (its not where I buy groceries, but the milk is good!)

LukeFlynn

#16: Post by LukeFlynn »

Here in TN, we have a local dairy farm called Cruze, they produce a rich creamy whole milk, it steams beautifully.. I was blown away when I compared it to Mayfields whole milk. It's 6 dollars/gallon.. but it's about the same price as a gallon of whole milk from the super market.. so it's a win win.