Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 75

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#741: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Interesting Ironwood Burl tamper handle.

Dave Stephens

Mark08859

#742: Post by Mark08859 »

Stunning!

Team HB

#743: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Made a magnetic backed portafilter holder and tamper handle for a HGOne from some black walnut.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#744: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Still have one more part to make for one of the two orders. Lot of Cocobolo, a set for a VBM and another for an Expobar and one lowly portafilter handle for a Rocket R58.

Dave Stephens

StarCoffee

#745: Post by StarCoffee »

Dave, nicely done! The custom wood looks amazing, particularly the ironwood ones.

Team HB

#746: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Just finished turning another set in Ironwood burl, they get finish tomorrow. The finish takes longer than the turning. They get 5-7 coats of finish to build up that deep look, and durability.
Dave Stephens

SurJones

#747: Post by SurJones »

I asked early, but didnt get a response. How much are you charging for a tamper handle or some knobs for a Rancilio Epoca.. Ialso have a couple espresso parts bottomless with a horrible plastic handle, would love to replace that as well.

Team HB

#748: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) replying to SurJones »

Dave Stephens

RelaxationCentral

#749: Post by RelaxationCentral »

I very much would like to talk about having a tamper made and how that works. I have a Breville and it takes a 54mm base. Do I I get the base? And while I really like the work you do in coco bolo, where can I find your wood list.

BTW Happy Holidays.

You can reach me at. craginIII@gmail.com. (Note the three "I" atre capital i.

jkimpossible

#750: Post by jkimpossible »

Hi Dave,

Your works are a pure joy for the eyes. I came across discussion about harmful effect of the Catalyzed Urethane to the health.
finished it in catalyzed urethane for a super high gloss finish.
Here is an excerpt from web:
....The problem with it is that the fumes can mess up your nervous system and slowly make you lose your memory and knowledge (which I can attest to first hand!) If you spray it you need a fresh air hood to protect yourself. The canister respirators are not enough. A spray booth is needed as well. YOU DO NOT want to spray this stuff in an attached garage or in your home......

I don't know how much of this is true but it seems to be something to consider. What brand of Catalyzed Urethane are you using?
Take care.
JKIMPOSSIBLE
LMWDP #444