Picked up second hand la cimbali m32 dosatron

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
adan0327

#1: Post by adan0327 »

I picked up a 3 group la cimbali m32 dosatron 2 days ago and was wondering should I take everything apart and do a descale with citric acid. I took it apart the shell just now and it seems as if the machine is not that old. The boiler has a luster shiny silver finish (no tarnish and such). The inside is not rusted but there is just dust and coffee grinds about. Should I bother doing a descale? It seems extremely tedious as its a large machine. The only concern I have is just that one of the groups has a leak as seen from the green corrosive splotches. The technician I bought it from let me test the machine. Everything works (groups, water outlet, steam wands).

If I do bother to disassemble what should I take apart and which gaskets do I replace?

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Sadly many shop owners ignore basic maintenance requirements, most notably neglecting to check for excessive scale buildup. There are plenty of horror stories like this one:

It's possible that your acquisition was regularly descaled, but I doubt it. I recommend you engage a qualified service repairman to do full service maintenance, which included descaling, gasket replacement, pressure testing, etc. This isn't the time to cheap out and hope that because water and steam comes out of the right places, it's good to go.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

I wonder if that ^ helps prevent osteoporosis? Eeeew. :cry:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/