Faema e91/e97/e98 with over-fast flow

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MikeHag

#1: Post by MikeHag »

Hi there. Slightly old-school problem. I'm getting 240ml of water from my (I believe they are) e91 groups in 10 seconds on my Faema Enova (HX), a machine very similar to a Due. I'd like to get this down to a recommended volume, e.g. 75-90ml. The pump is at 9 bar. I've already read several posts on this subject with e61 groupheads, but could really use a steer with the e91. I've pinpointed which of the two big nuts on the group is the gicleur/jet.

- Should I be aiming to replace the gicleurs with, say, 0.6mm ones... or perhaps just buy new ones of the same (standard) size? If the former, can I use an e61 part?
- Does tightening/loosening the nut do anything to affect flow rate?

Finding UK-based engineers who are happy to discuss this is proving a little difficult.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

GlennV

#2: Post by GlennV »

According to the diagram at http://www.cafeparts.com/listCategories ... fAodQzGwmg there should be 0.5mm jets in there already - I'd take a look if I were you.

MikeHag (original poster)

#3: Post by MikeHag (original poster) »

Thanks for that link Glenn... hurray for the googling skills of an academic :)
So if the factory gicleurs are 0.5mm then I wonder whether they erode over time, requiring replacement to maintain a low throughput of water. I'll see if I can pick the assembly apart and have a visual check.

I managed to speak to an engineer who tried to help but wasn't hugely familiar with the group design or machine. He said that the gicleur may not make any difference because he thinks that with some machines the rate of water throughput is coded into the printed circuit board as a factory setting (perhaps controlling the solenoid/valve on the side of the group)... but since he wasn't sure then I'll continue investigating. If he's right though it would seem to mean I'm stuck with high water-debit. Maybe that's not such a bad thing, but I'd like to have the choice to set the flow rate where I want it rather than have to work around factory constants.