Dialing in a 1965 Faema E61 - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
eric needham (original poster)

#21: Post by eric needham (original poster) »

sorrentinacoffee wrote:Is that a gas valve?

it's odd- your boiler looks older vintage than mine (68)- but my under the drip tray parts look older than yours.... there are gas fittings in mine:<image>
Jack,

mine is the original 1965 boiler, very stout!

my original gas system has been removed, the parts under the drip tray have been redone with the auto fill system added.

jmc

#22: Post by jmc »

sorrentinacoffee wrote:I have a few pics- here is a top view- and a close up of what I assume is the thermosyphon tube you were talking about- however I am not sure? It doesn't look like the tube with valve you have pictured above would replace my part? As you can see the machine is original -mercury p-stat and lead weight pressure release valve.

Do I remove that L shaped tube and check inside it to see if restrictors are installed (or not)?
Yes, if the restrictor is installed it will normally be in the top/group side of the L shaped tube.

If not.
http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/faema/faema-spare-parts-2
Part numbers 591735, 591734 and 409607 for the various sizes.
I find 2.5 is good.

John
John

sorrentinacoffee

#23: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

Thanks for the info people- greatly appreciated. I removed the tube- but couldn't see anything inserted in the pipe. I assumed it is unmodified. Looking at the pipe it wasn't clear how they are installed- do you just shove them in? Can they get lodged inside?

I will get some and figure it out I guess- it seems they are only a few dollars each. I do like the idea if installing an adjustable valve and will look into it.