Do all types of espresso machines have to be flushed? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nixter

#11: Post by nixter »

jamiedolan wrote:LOL

This is the reason I'm going to order the automatic model. If it was just me, I'd get the semi, but she is really bad at timing shots, and I doubt she will bother to use a timer. I'll likely just use it in manual most of the time.

I'm placing my order this afternoon. Really looking forward to this. :D

Thanks
Jamie

I think you are probably making the right choice. While the semi can give you better results it takes more dedication to wring the most out of it than most people are willing to put in. Nothing wrong with that either. You may actually have better things to do with your time than worry about flushing times and grind settings. The super will give you decent results, consistently.

jamiedolan (original poster)

#12: Post by jamiedolan (original poster) »

I have the Bezzera BZ02SDE now. Though, I am sure it helps to flush it, I have found it is not strictly necessary to produce okay shots. It does not super heat the water the way my old machine did, and even after sitting and or steaming, it does not boil the coffee in the basket the way my old machine did.

I'm not suggesting that you don't flush this machine, only reporting that it does work okay (maybe not optimal, but everyone that tried the shots, without flushing, thought it was fine) without any type of flushing routine.

khestehave

#13: Post by khestehave »

Hey
I just picked up a VBM Domobar Jr HX a week ago and I don't seem to need to flush to make great shots if it hasn't been idling for a long time, but I do flush it a bit just to make sure. Only when it's been idling for a few hours it does hiss for a second or two when flushing. It has just been warming up for an hour and I pulled a perfect shot and there was no hiss when I flushed it.
Later
Klaus