Cleaning Flow Meter for Oscar Nuova Simonelli

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CarlrTx

#1: Post by CarlrTx »

First time poster so please be gentle. I have a three year old Nuova Simonello Oscar and love it. We keep it on all the time. My wife pulled a shot the other day however and turned the machine off instead of just stopping the shot. When I turned the machine on, all it would do is immediately light up the water level indicator light. It won't do anything else.

I have tried the following: Unplug and turn on and off several times, reseat the water tank several time both taking it fully off and just pumping it up and down, added salt to the little gray water intake where the low water wire sensors attach under the water tank, removed the wires to by pass the sensor completely. None of these attempts worked.

I called my local repairman and he said it sounded like the "flow meter" was the issue. First off, does that sound like it might be the problem? Secondly, I can't tell from the Oscar parts diagram where that even is located. Can I take it off and try to clean it? Any pictures on where it is? Thank you.

allon

#2: Post by allon »

LMWDP #331

CarlrTx (original poster)

#3: Post by CarlrTx (original poster) »

Well...I was just getting ready to come back for more suggestions when my wife said the machine was making familiar noises. It's working again but didn't really resolve itself in the same manner as others have posted, so I will let people know what my machine did when I tried to clear the low water level light.

With water in the water tank, the steam wand open, the dispenser button pushed in and the machine in the off postion, I began turning the machine off and on per the manual and suggestions here. Every time I turned on the machine the heater light would come on and a little water would dispense. After maybe a second, the flow would stop and the water level light would come on as expected. I did this until I ran all the water out of the water tank (not really on purpose). When I refilled the tank and repeated the process from above, the water just kept going and the "shot" did not stop automatically. I pushed the dispense button to end the process and then the water level light came on.

When nothing happened after that I just kept repeating the on/off process and always got the same results. The water level light never turned off. I finally got frustrated and hung it up coming back to my computer. That is when the heater light finally came back on and the low water level finally turned off.

Thank Allon!