La Marzocco Linea auto controls not working

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
CoffeeDave

#1: Post by CoffeeDave »

Hi,

I have a 2 Group Linea. It has multiple problems, but I suspect it all goes back to one thing. However... who knows until it starts working again.

The Auto Control push buttons are dead. The Steam button is also dead. It is possible to manually pull a shot with the manual buttons.

Also when turning on the machine, various combination of the green LEDs above the shot push buttons will light, and the fill pump will fill the steam boiler to the point where it overflows. After multiple tries the fill pump will behave, we can then use the manual fill button to fill the boiler. Pressure in the boiler runs the normal 1.1 to 1.5.

I have tried replacing the main control box and the 'Cigar' push button assemblies. Neither made a difference.

Any other ideas? It is a 2001 model.

Thanks

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

I suspect that some ground connection has miraculously :) become ungrounded. Search for this. The manuals and electrical schematic available here MAY help: /downloads/

That said, moving on . . . carefully remove the water level probe, inspect for scale, and clean as necessary. Ensure that the lead from the probe to the control box has 100% continuity. Correct water level is at least 1/2 of the sight glass and, IIRC, a touch more.
The Steam button is also dead.
I did not think these machines had a "steam" button - is this a mod?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

CoffeeDave (original poster)

#3: Post by CoffeeDave (original poster) »

I believe it is labeled, hot water. Not steam. Hopefully that clarifies. Thanks, that makes some sense. I'll go to the link that you posted. Thanks for the help.