Slayer makes it to Travel Channel - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

frank828 wrote: also, i personally like to summarize what the guide is saying onto a small sheet of paper.

i'll write out the steps like this:

1. 26 grams of coffee
2. 375 grams of water
3. 201-202 degree water
4. saturate all coffee within 3 seconds and start timer
5. 35 seconds in break top crust then lower heat as low as possible.
6. 55 seconds, two light stirs around the edges and then cut flame and remove heat.
7. let it drain and blow on the globe to speed up the drain if needed to get a 45 second draw down."
Thanks Frank I was just going to read the steps and do this too, thanks for the share!
LMWDP #371

doubleOsoul

#12: Post by doubleOsoul »

sweaner wrote:Ok, I have a deal for all of you. Whichever one of us wins that lottery, we must buy everyone here a Slayer or comparable machine. Who's in?!
Like rice on roni!
LOL...
OO

LaDan

#13: Post by LaDan »

frank828 wrote:.... after brewing, i'll let the coffee sit in the globe while i completely clean off my station and the top funnel and cloth filter. then i'll ...."
How does that thing with cloth filter works? Do you use a new one for every drink? Do you keep using the same one? Do you wash it with the delicates when you do your laundry? How do you clean it? Somehow this is the part they always leave out in all the "how to" that I saw. I'm serious. I never saw them for sale anywhere and they do look like they'll be on the expensive side. :?:

sweaner wrote:Ok, I have a deal for all of you. Whichever one of us wins that lottery, we must buy everyone here a Slayer or comparable machine. Who's in?!
I'll planning to have the winning ticket, but just in case I screw it up somehow, I'm in! :D

frank828

#14: Post by frank828 »

LaDan wrote:How does that thing with cloth filter works? Do you use a new one for every drink? Do you keep using the same one? Do you wash it with the delicates when you do your laundry? How do you clean it? Somehow this is the part they always leave out in all the "how to" that I saw. I'm serious. I never saw them for sale anywhere and they do look like they'll be on the expensive side.
hey Dan, im thinking others with more experience can chime in too but this is what i do.

I've been using the same one for at least 10 brews now and have had pretty good luck.

My routine is to rinse it off with hot water and rubbing out all the stuck on grinds after brewing. Then i leave it in a cup of hot water for storage. If i dont use the filter again soon, i'll change out the water once in a while. When it comes time to brew, i'll dump out the old water and rinse the filter again and then fill up the cup with hot water and then soak the cloth filter(attached to the metal disk/chain) in the hot water for about at least a minute before brewing. i'll usually give the filter a sniff every once in a while to make sure there is no stinkyness.

as for cleaning...im not sure what i'll do. i havent needed to run the thing through any detergent or anything yet. maybe i'll use some water and oxyclean or something when i notice any stinkyness.

frank828

#15: Post by frank828 »

Bak Ta Lo wrote:Thanks Frank I was just going to read the steps and do this too, thanks for the share!
youre welcome! happy to share.

sometimes i think of making a little card file with my brewing methods so i'll have them easily accessible for those times i forget.