Mano/pressure portafilter - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sjjan (original poster)

#11: Post by sjjan (original poster) »

A late question related to the pressure settings on the dual boiler Expobar Brewtus III. I have gone and bought a separate pressure measurement device and turned the pressure down to 9.5 bar for making the espresso. That has been perfect and I am happy with the results.

However ... the boiler pressure (in the boiler used for making the milk for the cappuccino?) indicator (top meter on the Brewtus III) indicates a pressure of only 1 bar instead of about 1.5 bar. This means or could be the reason why I do not have that much pressure and steam capacity for making good cappucinos.

Is there another screw somewhere so I can adjust the pressure inside the boiler to a higher setting?

My espresso drinks are "perfect" but the cappuccino and latte art is terrible.

Today, at a coffee and espresso machine reseller I tried making latte art with another machine and here it went perfect. What I noticed was that the steaming was more powerful and with more pressure and the whole process went faster and the results were a homogenous milk fluid that poured perfectly into my cup.

Can anyone give me suggestions or advise on how to adjust the Brewtus III to get better cappunico?

Thanks!

Sjoerd Jan

Japheth

#12: Post by Japheth »

Hi all,

I am currently using a Brewtus III-V, and the pressure has been set to 11 bars. Is there a need to bring it down a little? If I understand it correctly, the purpose of the OPV is to bleed out excess pressure so the brewing pressure is always 9 bars, right?
- Japheth L.