ECM Veneziano S1 owners manual?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
drewyn

#1: Post by drewyn »

Hello,
Just received my dream machine yesterday (ECM Veneziano S1) but still trying to track down a pdf of the owners/user manual. Anyone out there keen to share a copy? re: cross-posting. Posted similar request on CS well over a week ago without any success. Fingers crossed someone can hook us up here!
Thanks in advance!

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Judging from online photos, it's an E61 / HX espresso machine and a close relative of the ECM Giotto.

Having read many Italian espresso machine owner's manuals, even if you obtain a copy, I believe it is unlikely to contain noteworthy information. With the exception of Elektra and La Cimbali, most Italian manufacturers assume the buyer "just knows" how to use the equipment. The owner's manual typically has only legal disclaimers and instructions that are surpassed by even the thinnest material available online in the form of reviews and forum discussion. Among semi-commercial models, the E61 / HX design is the most popular and information is plentiful. This site's The Bench covers several manufacturers, though not specifically the ECM Giotto. It is mentioned in How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love HXs and the instructions there will likely apply to yours with minor differences.

The Recommended Reading in the FAQs and Favorites covers everything most baristas will need to know in the first 3-6 months of ownership. If you have specific questions not covered there, please, fire away.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
drewyn (original poster)

#3: Post by drewyn (original poster) »

Cheers Dan. Indeed I have read all of the available info, including those various articles you'd referred to well before even deciding on this machine. In fact, they actually helped me narrow my search down significantly.
I mostly wanted to get ahold of a copy of the manual for 'completeness' and also to see if it at all addressed the hard plumb option of this machine.
I am happy to report that a fellow HB'er has just emailed me the manual and as expected, though very similar to the Giotto manual, does (at least briefly) address the plumbing option. Regardless, I'm now a happy boy. Cheers HB'ers!

gyro

#4: Post by gyro »

To plumb it in, I recall there is a small metal attachment that screws into a relatively obvious, but quite small, attachment on the lower left hand front side, under the drip tray. Also under the tray is a push button that must be switched to de-activated the refill from the tank. From memory, the manual was worthless, but the machine is good. Only complaint, check to see if their is any vibration damping under the rotary pump. If there is not, its very noisy but the vibration led to a premature failure of the pump to motor connection, which then leaked and caused some rust as well as needing a new pump. There was none on mine, dunno if it was a factory slip up or how it was made. You can put some in yourself under the mounts relatively easily and it makes a huge difference in noise and presumably longevity.

Cheers, Chris

dracwong

#5: Post by dracwong »

I have just purchased a ECM Veneziano s1. I am also after a operating manual.
Can you email to me??
Much appreciated

Andrew