Euro 2000 service in Houston.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JanV

#1: Post by JanV »

Hi,

I have just relocated to Houston from Asia and my Euro 2000 which I bought in Italy some years ago seems to have got "tired" after the 5 week shipment over here.
Do any of you guys know anywhere in Houston where I can get it serviced?

stefano65
Sponsor

#2: Post by stefano65 »

Any repair company that is working on home unit, IF you have one locally, will be able to help you,
couple of years ago some of the parts for the euro 2000 ( steam valve parts to be specific)
had to be ordered directly from Italy because I couldn't find anybody that carry them in the US,
(most of the other parts however are common to many home units HE EX,)
perhaps the situation changed,
however once you find somebody that will work on it,
ask first if the can get ALL the parts
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

JanV (original poster)

#3: Post by JanV (original poster) »

Grazie Stefano,

I will keep this in mind. Although I am still hoping that someone in here can give me a name/company in Houston so I can get my morning fix again :-)

regards Jan

JanV (original poster)

#4: Post by JanV (original poster) »

Tryng yet again to get my Euro 2000 to operate.

The machine I've got is a 220V unit. When I came to the US I got hold of a 2000W Step Up/Down Transformer.
The Euro 2000 does start up, but does not heat up properly to build pressure etc.
Could it be I need a 3000W transformer?
Any suggestions?

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

It would be helpful to measure the actual voltage you are feeding Mr. Euro and to more fully define "not heating up properly". A 2000 watt transformer should be adequate.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

shadowfax

#6: Post by shadowfax »

Why not plug in to a 240V electrical outlet here? You should have one for a drier or stove. As for the transformer, you should verify that on the 120V side you're not overloading the circuit rating. You can do that with a Kill-A-Watt most easily I would bet.

Also, the one place I could think to ask in Houston is Sunbelt Imports. They probably won't be able to help you directly, but they probably have the best chance of knowing who can help you here in Houston. I'd be pretty pessimistic about your chances of finding help on these boards. The HB guys I know in Houston are more DIY types who order parts from guys like Stefano to work on their machines themselves. If there are service shops in Houston worth their salt, I don't think we've found them.
Nicholas Lundgaard

JanV (original poster)

#7: Post by JanV (original poster) »

So I followed your advise, and although my Euro 2000 fired up the pressure did not build.

As I am not a DIY person at all I am now considering to sell it and get a new machine. Someone who is able to repair it sill be able to make better use of it then me.
The machine was bought in Europe 7 years ago, and was last completely overhauled by The Highlander in Singapore
(http://highlandercoffee.com/) two years ago. What happened during transportation I'm not sure, but as I can not find anywhere in Houston to repair it I'm lost for options.

Can anyone give me an idea what the machine might be worth, and the best place to put it up for sale?

shadowfax

#8: Post by shadowfax »

I've no idea what it's worth, but I've always had good luck selling things on the Coffee Geek Buy, Sell, and Trade forum.
Nicholas Lundgaard