So much for my street cred - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
civ

#11: Post by civ »

Hello:
bamaster wrote:I didn't hate it!
Hmmm ...
Why would you?
Probably more than half of Italy drinks it, espresso was born there so there's probably something to it.

I use Lavazza's locally available 'Crema e Aroma' blend and enjoy it thoroughly.
Photo courtesy of Lavazza S.p.A.
Yes, I know that it's not freshly roasted, usually dated, etc.

It is all but impossible to get green coffee to roast here in AR as coffee bean trading/selling/roasting has been in the hands of a few for ages, a cartel of sorts.

Cheers,

CIV

Carneiro

#12: Post by Carneiro »

Hey, Carlos.

I'll try to buy some (Brazilian) specialty green coffee this year and I could send some to you - I don't know how is Argentina customs regulation about that... But, unfortunately, no promises, as the prices are crazy and the worst part - it's hard to buy the coffee first :mrgreen:!

Probably it would be easy to find some friend going to Buenos Aires as we are flooding your *fantastic* city... :wink: That would reduce shipping costs.

Márcio.

civ

#13: Post by civ »

Hello Márcio:
Carneiro wrote: ... try to buy some (Brazilian) specialty green coffee this year and I could send some ...
Thanks for the offer, very kind of you.
Carneiro wrote: ... how is Argentina customs regulation about that...
It's rather a complicated matter ...
Carneiro wrote: ... no promises, as the prices are crazy and the worst part - it's hard to buy ...
Yes, not an easy undertaking.
I spent a forthnight in Praia do Rosa, ~80km. south of Florianópolis last March and was at odds to find even plain roasted coffee without added sugar (torrado) in Garopaba or even downtown Floria.
It's probably a Brazilian export issue.
In any case, even the available coffee was expensive when compared to what I pay for my Lavazza locally.
Carneiro wrote: ... easy to find some friend going to Buenos Aires ...
Yes, there's a lot of pretty garotas in town these days. =-)

Let me know.
Best regards,

CIV

jlhsupport

#14: Post by jlhsupport »

Keeping in mind that Lavazza didn't really design the packaging for use in a home, I'd simply advise planning to consume the contents quickly. The 1 Kilo bag is more for a shop that will use it all in less than 2 days, so if it doesn't perform very well (all things considered) past that point, that's not something that Lavazza would be concerned about.

I believe that another_jim recently experimented with some of the imported Italian blends and found that they produced a traditional Italian flavor profile if consumed quickly.
Joshua Stack
JL Hufford

Sir Anselm

#15: Post by Sir Anselm »

Ian_G wrote:I could n't find any cafes certified by the Instituto Nazionale Espresso in Cinque Terre, but in Pisa there is Bar Amadeus, Via Giusti, 6/4, which gets good reviews. Apparently it's just off the main square.

Edit: Sarzana near Cinque Terre, on the way to Pisa Sarzana Caffè Via Gramsci, 58
Ha ha, wasn't even aware that INE existed. I feel confident that there are plenty of baristas in Italy that serve fantastic coffee even they're not certified :wink: