Espresso Cups: Porcelain or Stoneware. What's best for home - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
zin1953

#21: Post by zin1953 »

Obviously a lot depends upon how you drink your espresso . . . in my office (which is where I use the Bodum Pavina espresso cups), after I pull the shot, I knock out the pf, rinse it, flush/brush the group head for a moment, and take my espresso back to my desk. All that takes about a minute or so -- not long at all -- but I've never found the espresso "too hot." C'est la vie . . .
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

roblumba

#22: Post by roblumba »

After extraction I immediately put to mouth. I like the mouthfeel of the crema immediately after extraction and everything in between. I actually don't know what it tastes like to wait a couple minutes. I should probably give that a try. But I suspect in a Porcelain cup it will probably have cooled down more than I like. And those coffee solids continue brewing after extraction. So if you wait a couple minutes, I think the flavor will have gone a little south.

espressodeco

#23: Post by espressodeco »

I'd go for porcelain, but perhaps that's just because I'm aesthetically-focused (though you wouldn't know it to look at me). Having the espresso look good in a quality porcelain cup is more important to me than the density of the material. Porcelain retains heat well enough IMHO.

Surely the eyes are a big part of the taste experience?

Robert :D