Astoria AEP-3 Brew Group Rocker Switches

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sar5w

#1: Post by sar5w »

I just replaced the rocker switches for manual brewing on my Astoria Argenta AEP-3, mostly for fun since they work properly. I had the face panel powdercoated orange and figured I'd change to white switches from red.

The switches don't illuminate under normal operation and haven't since I got the machine. There are four wires per switch, blue, green, red and red. The two red wires are jumpered together. One side of the switch goes to the pump motor and the other goes to the group solenoid. If one or the other red is disconnected, or the jumper is removed, the switch illuminates, but only one or the other operates (group solenoid or pump motor). What is the correct wiring so that everything works?

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

You have what is called a double pole single throw (DPST) switch. Two poles, or hots, for one input, two switches in one. Can't help you with the wiring but at least you know what you have. There will be a hot for the pump and solenoid from the switch and a hot in to power both poles of the switch. There should be a small electrical diagram on the switch showing hookup locations. I would need to see that to tell you more.
Dave Stephens