Ascaso Parts in the US?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RobotDeathSquad

#1: Post by RobotDeathSquad »

Hello,

I have an Ascaso Steel Duo Pro which I've been using for close to a year. A few months ago, one of the plastic tubes that feeds water to a boiler started to leak.

I contacted 1st line, the company that originally sold the machine (I bought it used from Seattle Coffee Gear but there is a 1st line sticker inside the machine) about the spare part and they promptly replied with a link to their website. I ordered the part and have never been able to get them to respond to me since (I've emailed numerous times, no response). I decided to contact Seattle Coffee Gear since they claim to do service on these machines, and they told me they didn't have the part but might "in a few months".

I've checked with a couple places local to me (Portland, OR) that claim to do espresso machine repair, but none seem to have a part or are willing to work with me.

The part that 1st Line original told me I needed was "4x6 (130mm) Teflon Pipe - A01 02" (http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/categor ... type=store)

Does anyone have any ideas about who could help me? Or does anyone want to buy a great little machine that leaks water? ;)

stefano65
Sponsor

#2: Post by stefano65 »

Even though you have the measures in your post
if you like
measure the OD and ID (millimeters please) and email it to me to see if I have something that will do
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

RobotDeathSquad (original poster)

#3: Post by RobotDeathSquad (original poster) »

It a little hard to give you those measurements, since both sides are a little stretched out where they connect. I'm posting a picture of the tubing.

On the end where the black plastic nut goes, it's 5mm inside, 7mm outside. It's decently thick/stiff tubing.

Thanks for looking.

1st-line
Sponsor

#4: Post by 1st-line »

RobotDeathSquad wrote:Hello,

I have an Ascaso Steel Duo Pro which I've been using for close to a year. A few months ago, one of the plastic tubes that feeds water to a boiler started to leak.

I contacted 1st line, the company that originally sold the machine (I bought it used from Seattle Coffee Gear but there is a 1st line sticker inside the machine) about the spare part and they promptly replied with a link to their website. I ordered the part and have never been able to get them to respond to me since (I've emailed numerous times, no response). I decided to contact Seattle Coffee Gear since they claim to do service on these machines, and they told me they didn't have the part but might "in a few months".

I've checked with a couple places local to me (Portland, OR) that claim to do espresso machine repair, but none seem to have a part or are willing to work with me.

The part that 1st Line original told me I needed was "4x6 (130mm) Teflon Pipe - A01 02" (http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/categor ... type=store)

Does anyone have any ideas about who could help me? Or does anyone want to buy a great little machine that leaks water? ;)
Please email me at the sales address on our web site. I just checked my emails, and the only email received was the one from 11/17/2010. Sorry, none were found in spam either.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

RobotDeathSquad (original poster)

#5: Post by RobotDeathSquad (original poster) »

I've emailed you again, at your sales@ email address.

The order I placed with you months ago was order #200364620.

I have no idea why my emails don't go through, pretty sure there's nothing wrong on my side.

1st-line
Sponsor

#6: Post by 1st-line »

Just replied with details. Thanks.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC