La Marzocco's Formula 1 Entry: Strada with pressure profiling! - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JimWright

#21: Post by JimWright »

Indeed, I was surprised not to see you there and figured maybe a lot of the same stuff (albeit without the emphasis on Bay Area coffee & folk) will be in Houston and you were planning on going.

zin1953

#22: Post by zin1953 »

JimWright wrote:For those in the Bay Area, I was pleasantly surprised to see one of these in the flesh for the first time on the counter at Verve just now - they apparently got it on Monday.
Blue Bottle's café (300 Webster St.) in Oakland has a 3-group Strada . . .
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

JimWright

#23: Post by JimWright »

So apparently all the cool kids have one these days then... :wink:

duke-one

#24: Post by duke-one »

Hi All: found this surfing looking for "remote pressure control". I called and it is only for gas, but would give front panel control of presssure. Still looking.
KDM

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/brook ... 42273.html

WR

#25: Post by WR »

New York now has two three group Stradas in the same store. Kava Cafe at 803 Washington, just south of Gansevoort. Pulled a really nice Hairbender for me today, real baker's chocolate finish. Delicious. He pre-infused with a slow ramp to 4bar then a quicker ramp to 9. Pretty plain vanilla profile but great shot. Here's a photo:

aindfan

#26: Post by aindfan »

One more positive review for Kava Coffee - I don't know how I missed it until now, but when I realized that they have a Strada, I had to rush over (from the Hudson Valley, and no, that wasn't my only reason for driving down to the city). In case it wasn't clear from the post above, they have TWO Stradas and a number of other brew methods (as well as gelato). Kava serves beans from Caffe Pronto (labeled with their branding) and the espresso that was pulled for me was delicious, though no fancy profile was used (just on/off).
Dan Fainstein
LMWDP #203
PSA: Have you descaled lately?