How to check Vibiemme Domobar Junior HX for scale

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kohaii

#1: Post by kohaii »

Hi there

I have a domobar junior hx, i have had it for a little under 2 years, the reason i am writing to you is, i would like to dissemble for checking if there is a lot of lime in the tank, the heat exchanger and thermosyphon system.

because it is not hot enough any more, the pressure in boiler is 1.3 bar but the water for making espresso is not hot enough

but i need a guide how to do it

i hope you can help me

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Brew water that's too cool is a strong indicator of scale buildup, but see Checking an E61 Espresso Machine for Scale to know for certain. The FAQs and Favorites links threads with more instructions, just search on "descale" (e.g., What ratio citric acid / water to descale? and How to descale HX espresso machine).
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
kohaii (original poster)

#3: Post by kohaii (original poster) »

i dont wanna descale i wanna take the machine apart and look if it need descaling

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Indeed, Eric proposes removing the E61 "mushroom" here for that very purpose. If there's heavy scale buildup there, you have proof of why the brew temperature is lower because if there's scale there, it will be as bad or worse in the heat exchanger / steam boiler.

From Degraded espresso machine performance OR "The Scale Monster Attacks!"
Dan Kehn