Andreja Premium Brew Pressure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RogerDandy

#1: Post by RogerDandy »

Hello HB.com!

I'm relatively new here and I just recently got into espresso so I'm pretty much a newbie, I started off with a SB Barista 3 or 4 years ago. I bought an Andreja Premium just recently and paired it with a Baratza Vario grinder and I'm just trying to dial in my grind size. When I pull my shots I noticed that my brew pressure seems "really high" 11-12 bars during extraction. I know the grind can effect that obviously but is it worth it to put my blank screen in my PF and adjust my brew pressure right now or should I dial in all my other possibilities(distribution, tamp, grind etc) before worrying about another x factor(brew pressure)?

Thank you for any thoughts I'm sorry if this is a repost I can't find anything exactly specific to this.

-RD

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

See the links below your post in "related topics". Also this: Brew pressure and its effects on espresso

How new is this Andreja? Can you adjust the brew pressure from the top? See this: http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... ejapremium
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

RogerDandy wrote:...is it worth it to put my blank screen in my PF and adjust my brew pressure right now?
Sure, I would.
RogerDandy wrote:I'm sorry if this is a repost I can't find anything exactly specific to this.
In addition to Eric's astute observation about the "Related Topics" at the bottom of this page, see forum search tips. A quick search led me to How can I adjust the brew pressure of a vibe pump espresso machine? There's a few other topics you may find interesting in this forum's FAQs and Favorites under Vibratory Pumps.

Specifically to your question, Chris' Coffee has a nice FAQ that covers older model Andreja's: Andreja Premium & Anita: Adjust brew pressure. A good starting brew pressure is around 9 bar, then adjust to taste.
Dan Kehn

RogerDandy (original poster)

#4: Post by RogerDandy (original poster) »

Thank you for the swift replies guys. I promise to get better at using the search feature :)