Goodbye lever, hello TEA

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Mike Panic

#1: Post by Mike Panic »

So I took a few months off from espresso and recently got back into it, but don't have as much time as I'd like. While I've owned my La Pavoni for about 3 years now and still think it's one of the prettiest machines out there, a deal came up on a Silvia I simply couldn't pass on. The La Pavoni will be up for sale soon - and I'm moving into the semi-auto world and kind of excited about it all at the same time. It won't be the conversation piece the lever has been, but should still be fun.

enzian

#2: Post by enzian »

I was in the same boat. The Pavoni was frustrating for me because the grouphead tended to overheat. But I have to say, I'm now eyeballing E-61 machines. :wink:

The Silvia comes with it's own temperature control issues. Are you planning on temp surfing, or going the PID route?

Mike Panic (original poster)

#3: Post by Mike Panic (original poster) »

Temp surf for now - PID if I have too. It was such a ridiculous deal I couldn't pass it up.

Love the Pavoni, just want something different now.

Mike Panic (original poster)

#4: Post by Mike Panic (original poster) »

OK so the deal with the Silvia I was going to buy from 1st Line fell through, apparently I was the "second buyer" about 30 minutes behind their first buyer, and they don't have a live inventory.

Anyway - I've updated the title to this because I just got a hell of a steal on a Isomac Tea, and now I'm shopping for a 58mm tamper to go along with it. Then off to clean my Lever in preparation to sell her.

1st-line
Sponsor

#5: Post by 1st-line »

Mike, sorry about this. Later this year, our new system will have this feature.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC