Used Fiorenzato Bricoletta loses pressure? - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
roccster (original poster)

#31: Post by roccster (original poster) »

It took longer then expected getting the p-stat from Italy', but now I finally got it replaced (real easy procedure by the way).

Well we replaced it and fired up the machine at the service shop. Everything worked fine, and we pulled a couple of shots before packing it up.

When I got home i plumbed it in, turned on the water and the power switch. Machine heated up fine. I waited 30min before starting to fiddle around with water and steam. Still everything seems fine. Several hours later I felt comfortable to make my first shot. Sadly I don't have any "good" coffee at home atm. so a kinda basic bean from the supermarket would have to do.

I pulled one shot, and then another and then another. Everything is working. I then tried to steam some milk, and here is where I really fell short in barista skills. My "perfect" micro foam that I got from the Gaggia Baby is gone with the wind. The steaming power in this HX is something I really need to learn to master, but steaming it does, and with fierce power.

The pressure is perfect at 1, drops just below before the p-stat kicks in.

It's to soon to hope that it is fixed, but it was fun to finally get to work with it.

Thanx for all of the helpful comments. If I had more experience with HX-machines I would have done everything by my self, and maybe saved 150$. The experience I have picked up on this journey have taken away some of the whole HX and Espresso machine mystery though, and I now feel confident to do some of the repairing my self.