Faema E97 Express do up!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bantam

#1: Post by bantam »

Just picked up this Faema E97 Express from a Bar, Was not reaching pressure so the limited info I got via email from the owner. Looks to be 1999 model by date stamps. Two groups. Stripped it down on Friday afternoon. Very dirty..

bantam (original poster)

#2: Post by bantam (original poster) »

Photo looking down on groups. As I pulled apart the machine, I took a lot of photos of every pipe position, etc and wrote down what screws went where. By Sunday afternoon I was very glad of this. Mixed up a brew of acid and very hot water to remove scale. It wasn't to bad. Most of the dirt was on the machine, not in it.

bantam (original poster)

#3: Post by bantam (original poster) »

Had the boiler out in a few hours. This machine is the first Faema I've owned. Looks well built and simple, except the controls are down low under the drip tray. Not the best place for switches

bantam (original poster)

#4: Post by bantam (original poster) »

Getting there. The cleaning starts now.

bantam (original poster)

#5: Post by bantam (original poster) »

The frame is in great condition. Seems to be enamaled. This is going to be a test run restoration for me. Time is limited with young family, busy job and demanding wife. The main gaol here is to get the machine clean and tidy, less cost possible, and working. I will not be keeping this one. Already have 9 machines or 23 group heads.

bantam (original poster)

#6: Post by bantam (original poster) »

Will need a new element, group seals and screens, sight glass .

Do you use thread tape on the pipe connectors?

Can you get a glazier to make the sight glass or is it better to get a replacement?