Coffee roasters that'll ship internationally...

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
leopm

#1: Post by leopm »

Hi,

Just wondering if you know some coffee store that will ship to Brazil. I'm very curious to taste other blends, specially those appreciated by US and European customers.

Here in Brazil there are plenty of blends, but the majority has delicate flavors and usually light roasting, typical from the regions of Minas Gerais and São Paulo. Wanna try, for example, Intelligentsia Black Cat, a very popular blend in HB forum.

Thanks for any help.

Carneiro

#2: Post by Carneiro »

Hi, Leo.

I've been ordering coffee from Square Mile since last year. The good part is that the shipping is not so expensive and in general the coffee arrives within 15-20 days. Not super fresh, but fair enough. Their Autumn Espresso last year was superb. But since then I got no good surprises with their espresso blends, but great single origin roasts (mainly for dripper, press, aeropress - all of them hard to enjoy on the espresso but had nice shots on the Elektra a Leva). Keep in mind that this time of the year is not good to order - you'll receive within 40-50 days.

I've never ordered from Intelligentsia, but already drank the Black Cat. Last time was around Toronto and NY but it's not the roast of my taste - maybe could be the extractions (a lot of over extracted cups for me)? We can order together next year if you like.

I just don't think that the blends around here are light roasts... In general roasters try a medium to dark roast, looking for the "chocolate" and "low acidity" and many roasts I try has ashy and other bad roast flavor. :(

I'm home roasting a lot know, but still learning. I have a lot of 2 coffes (Fazenda Chapadão de Ferro and Fazenda Serra Negra) from last year, but I'll grab some new (great I hope) crop soon.

Márcio.

leopm (original poster)

#3: Post by leopm (original poster) »

Hello Marcio, how are you?

I'll certainly want to order some blends, we can put order together. I also think this time is not very good for this, because of Christmas. Maybe in January.

Home roasting eh? It seems that you're really an aficionado...

See you.

Carneiro

#4: Post by Carneiro »

Yes, it's almost an obsession... :mrgreen:

Márcio.

michaelbenis

#5: Post by michaelbenis »

Londinium Espresso will (and do) ship anywhere and if I recall correctly, their international orders are shipped at cost.

Cheers

Mike
LMWDP No. 237

leopm (original poster)

#6: Post by leopm (original poster) »

Hey Mike, they really ship worldwide and prices are competitive. Gonna try as soon as I run out of stock.

Thanks for helping!

Leo

ho.ho

#7: Post by ho.ho »

I live in china and i order from peets coffee located near San Francisco, calif. I received my last shipment in less than a week and they ship the same day they roast. The give 50% discount on shipping if you sign up for recurring deliveries.

Holly

michaelbenis

#8: Post by michaelbenis »

leopm wrote:Hey Mike, they really ship worldwide and prices are competitive. Gonna try as soon as I run out of stock.

Thanks for helping!
You're welcome. If you let me know your tastes I could come up with a few recommendations. I've tried most of their stuff.

Cheers

Mike
LMWDP No. 237

Carneiro

#9: Post by Carneiro »

Some interesting things there, as the 100% Robusta and the Monsooned Malabar.

They offer "espresso" and "cappuccino" roasts besides filter etc. I wonder if that's something like medium (or medium-dark) and dark roasts, respectively.

Kopi Luwak, arabica, espresso roast? Have anybody tried this? Too expensive, I was trying to spend something like that on a sample of the Panama La Esmeralda (I stopped by Stumptown in NY last September, but the roast was not so fresh, so I didn't buy).

Márcio.

michaelbenis

#10: Post by michaelbenis »

Kopi Luwak? Amazing. Deep. Complex. Cruel to Civets (it's too popular to be collected in the wild now as far as I am aware) and - as you say - very expensive.....

There's a thread with more detailed notes on it in the Coffees section, here: Kopi Luwak
LMWDP No. 237