Sirai pressurestat setting drift downward? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Chert

#21: Post by Chert »

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post this experience about the Sirai pressurestat in my CMA lever here. I hope someone can shed some additional light on the working of the pressurestat.

I turned on the machine and brought it to stable temperature. The boiler is partially insulated and the ambient temperature is 68 F. I noticed that the pressurestat clicks on and off approximately every 3 minutes at rest, ie no shots being pulled or steaming. I have it set according to the old meter on the machine at 1.25 bar and it cycles on at 1.05. I surveyed for leaks and found two but after resolving the connections so that I can detect no steam escaping, the cycling persists. I think there must be another leak somewhere, as I would not expect boiler temperature to fluctuate so rapidly.

Any other thoughts/experiences on this?
LMWDP #198

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by mitch236 »

I would have to time mine but your cycle time seems reasonable to me. When I get home I will check mine.

HB
Admin

#23: Post by HB »

I agree with Mitch, 3 minutes between cycles is very reasonable. An E61 HX espresso machine with uninsulated boiler, for example, would cycle at least twice as frequently.
Dan Kehn