Elektra Semiautomatica pump switch problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DJF

#1: Post by DJF »

All of a sudden, when I press the "on" button it activates the pump. What is wrong? I think just the switch - am I right?
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Not sure I understand the problem. The pump switch is a toggle button. If you press it, does it turn the pump on/off or is it stuck in the on position?
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#3: Post by ira »

It might be the auto-fill triggering. My pump always runs for a few seconds when I first turn on the machine. If it runs for a few seconds and then stops it's normal. if it doesn't stop the auto-fill sensor might need cleaning or something else in that system might need repairing.

Ira

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

That's not it. The Semiautomatica has a manual fill boiler; see the momentary switch to the left of the Elektra logo in the photo below.

From the Buyer's Guide to the Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica
Dan Kehn

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

This is one for the bizarre file. Only way that happens is if either the pump or boiler fill switches are stuck in on. Jiggle them a bit and see if that fixes the problem; otherwise you'll need to replace the defective one (if the boiler is filling, it's the boiler fill switch, if water is coming from the group, it's the brew switch that's stuck on).
Jim Schulman

DJF (original poster)

#6: Post by DJF (original poster) replying to another_jim »

Thanks for the tips. It is indeed a faulty brew switch so I'll order a new one tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Don
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."