Help with my Vibiemme Domobar Super.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
gardoni

#1: Post by gardoni »

Hello all!

It's been a while but I really need some help. I bought my VB Domo Bar Super (the water reservoir HX manual version), about eight months ago. The experience has been great but I do need some help with some issues.

1. The three way on/off switch:
So far what I have been doing is waking up every morning and turning on the machine onto the first position (the one marked with a I) and waiting until the noise tells me that the group has some water in it. Then going on to position 2 (marked with a II) and then going back to sleep for about an hour. Do I need to do this? Or was this only necessary when the machine was new in order to avoid burning the element? I ask this because I would really like being able to put in on a timer.

2. The shower screen:
I have read the manual included with the machine and it doesn't tell me how I could remove just the shower screen in order to clean it. I don't know if one can or needs to. My previous machine was a Rancilio Silvia so I could remove the screen with a screwdriver and clean it. However, this is my first experience with an E-61 group so I don't know if you can on this machine. Or if one waits until the replacement of both the shower screen and gasket.

I want to thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Jorge Gardoni,

Mexico City.
Mazzer Mini/Vibiemme Domo Bar Super
one with the bean

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

No need to turn it to position I, wait, then II. After the initial boiler fill the heating element is submerged so you can just turn it on to II. When a machine cools, the water in the boiler contracts lowering the level. When you turn it back on, the level probe calls for water to top off the boiler. That is what you are hearing. No water is being pumped into the grouphead.

Cleaning the screen. Yes, you will want to take it off now and then to clean it. It is held on by friction and the group gasket. Removing it every month or two will help keep it clean and keep the gasket from baking onto the grouphead. They can stick and require some destructive work to remove when they bake into the group for a few years.

There is a FAQ for the process and doing a forum search for "e61 shower screen remove" will get you pages of information.

How to remove the dispersion screen and gasket of an E61?
Dave Stephens

Advertisement
cafeIKE

#3: Post by cafeIKE »

gardoni (original poster)

#4: Post by gardoni (original poster) »

Dear Cannonfodder,

Many thanks for your helpful input. Now I can put my machine on a timer and get that extra hour of sleep!

Sincerely,
Jorge Gardoni
one with the bean

gardoni (original poster)

#5: Post by gardoni (original poster) »

Dear CafeIKE,

These are great recommendations for a new timer.

Many thanks!
Jorge Gardoni
one with the bean