Rocket Cellini correct gauge readings

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
javacrazed
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by javacrazed »

Sorry for all the questions gentlemen, but its the weekend and I can't wait for tech support.

Ok so I have my plumbed-in rocket cellini setup. Do not have a pressure gauge on the line let but my plumber dialed it down to approx. 3 Bars of water line pressure, and have a inline water filter connected to it. Ok so the boiler gauge on the right hand side (if you are looking at the machine) reads when idle and portafilter is engaged 1bar goes up to maybe 1.2 bars then will dip below 1bar. Sounds like something kicks on and it goes back to 1bar or so. The gauge on the left side stays around 4bars and when pulling test shots goes up to 9 to 12bars. When dispensing water-- boiler gauge goes down pretty quickly to almost .5 bars, and pump turns on. Question I have for the group is: are these readings and machine responses correct or do should I need to be concerned with any of them? Thanks in advance.....

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Sounds normal. How's the espresso?
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
javacrazed (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by javacrazed (original poster) »

Oh good, ok, thanks again...

Espresso stinks b/c my mini mazzer has not arrived yet, and they sent me a 53mm tamper instead of 58mm. So I am just playing around with pre ground and of course it is too coarse, and uneven tamp so to be expected. Can't wait to dial it in...

javacrazed (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by javacrazed (original poster) »

Hey Dan, another question. So the coarse test pucks are "watery" not dry, is that because the grind is not correct?

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

As long as the puck is consistent, wet or not, it's fine. For reference, see prior discussions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... or just puckology in general. If messy pucks offend, dose a few grams more.
Dan Kehn