Giotto not maintaining boiler pressure - Page 7

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kurtww

#61: Post by kurtww »

micalk wrote:I think I found a suitable substitute for the JQX-115F-012. My situation was similar, boiler wouldn't fire up. Resetting machine worked for a while, then nothing. Looked around the internet and found this nugget at Digi-key: OMRON G2RL-1A-E-DC12 // Digi-Key PN Z2924-ND. It's a SPST-NO PCB relay using the same footprint as the Hongfa relay. Futurlec has a two month back-order on this relay, so I started shopping around. The specs are almost identical (16A contacts, same coil current, same form factor relay). It's shipping from Minnesota to sunny SoCal, so we'll see how it works when it gets here. I'll let y'all know.
I was also having the same problem and gave up waiting for the part from Futurlec after three two months (man am I sick of drip coffee). I called MagTrol West but they were also out of stock. I searched around and found this exact part in stock at Mouser for $1.78. It was fairly easy to replace, and seems to have solved my problem. I'm no expert at electronics, but I was a little nervous about the fact that the replacement part had only 6 pins, while the original part had 8 pins. Otherwise the footprint is the same. As I said, it seems to work fine, and has been for two days. I'm not sure what functionality might be missing, though.

Here is the part. Currently 566 in stock, so hopefully this is a good source:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omr ... ImCQ%3d%3d

Kurt