Victoria Arduino Venus priming problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pomail

#1: Post by pomail »

I just purchased this machine that LOOKS brand new at an estate sale. Appears to have never been used.
So I looked up priming instructions online and did the following 1) opened steam valve 2) turn machine on 3) immediately turned coffee brew button on 4) water starts flowing into steam wand - no issues 5) turn steam valve off then just get buzzing sound but water wont go thru the brew head ! so I turned everything off after no more than 30 seconds as I figured its not a good idea to leave the pump running dry any thoughts??
separately i have already tried this again several times turning machine off for cool down etc... without success, Im able to get hot steam in the steam wand and the brew head gets hot but no water will go thru, almost as if it had a locked seal but doesnt appear to be...
im about to find some commercial service in the boston area but i dont trust they will be that honest to a residential customer that will not bring them recurring business so i thought id try here for advice and also if anyone knows someone i can trust to service it in boston metro area that would be much appreciated!

Heckie

#2: Post by Heckie »

Pomail-
Try calling Nuova Simonelli USA, 360-366-2226, http://www.nuovadistribution.com they are the current importer of Victoria Arduino Machines in the US. 360-366-2226
Good Luck :D

pomail (original poster)

#3: Post by pomail (original poster) »

will do thanks

Alan Frew

#4: Post by Alan Frew »

pomail wrote:I just purchased this machine that LOOKS brand new at an estate sale. Appears to have never been used.
So I looked up priming instructions online and did the following 1) opened steam valve 2) turn machine on 3) immediately turned coffee brew button on 4) water starts flowing into steam wand - no issues 5) turn steam valve off then just get buzzing sound but water wont go thru the brew head ! so I turned everything off after no more than 30 seconds as I figured its not a good idea to leave the pump running dry any thoughts??
separately i have already tried this again several times turning machine off for cool down etc... without success, Im able to get hot steam in the steam wand and the brew head gets hot but no water will go thru, almost as if it had a locked seal but doesnt appear to be...
im about to find some commercial service in the boston area but i dont trust they will be that honest to a residential customer that will not bring them recurring business so i thought id try here for advice and also if anyone knows someone i can trust to service it in boston metro area that would be much appreciated!
No big deal. Most likely problem is simply a slightly clogged/jammed group solenoid valve, otherwise a dead solenoid coil. In the majority of machines these valves and their associated coils are easily accessible.

Alan

pomail (original poster)

#5: Post by pomail (original poster) »

thanks Alan

Heckie

#6: Post by Heckie »

Pomail-
Curious if the problem got resolved :?:

myintrovideo

#7: Post by myintrovideo »

It's a bigger deal than you think and messy. I got one of these beasts recently and while the pump pumped, no water entered it. I disconnected the output hose (white nylon thing) and by blowing a little water in through the intake hose, I primed the pump and off it went. But it stopped at the boiler. A call to the current importer revealed an older machine with no parts availability and no quick solution. So I removed every small part I could, they were all white and crusted over (no surprise there) and cleaned them with pipe cleaners and vinegar., No weak solutions this time, just full strength vinegar. With the help of a syringe I got the fluid to penetrate throughout the boiler and group head. An lo and behold 20 minutes later the solution was everywhere. So I'll let it soak and then start the clear water baths.

Don't anybody say there's nothing to it until you've tried.

Henry Cohen
myintrovideo

pomail (original poster)

#8: Post by pomail (original poster) »

thanks for the follow ups, i hate to admit i havent taken action yet, i went back to my nespresso c100 machine... which now has a similar problem except it wont make steam or hot water either... so it looks like ill just have to find a local repairman to take care of both i keep wanting to call nuevo but am too busy during the week and of course they are closed weekends but now i definitely need to act else its back to starbucks....

Heckie

#9: Post by Heckie replying to pomail »

Pomail-
As suggested above by Henry, descaling an espresso machine isn't always an easy task but.... sometimes it is. Taking apart a solenoid valve and soaking it in vinegar (citric acid works as well), is sound advice especially from what you mentioned initially. However, I'd definitely take the shower screen down first, before going to the solenoid. This may be of use as well.... http://www.nuovadistribution.com/images ... 1531F8.pdf
If you aren't comfortable with opening a can of worms then maybe contacting Nuova or an Espresso Machine repair company would be the way to go. Thanks for updating us, hope you get it working! :D