La Cimbali M53

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jihad85

#1: Post by jihad85 »

There is this super automatic coffee and cappuccino maker "La Cimbali M53", and I have been facing a problem with the cappuccino making, it is in the frothed milk...

The first run of cappuccino gives great results, and if you keep making cappuccino a cup after the other, everything is OK. but wait for about 10 mins without dispensing milk, and then try to make a cup of cappuccino and the quality of frothed milk is not as good as it was. I have traced the problem to milk solidification in the milk pipes. I have activated the automatic wash cycle for the milk circuit every 10 mins, and the full wash for the machine is every 12 hours. But still the problem persists before the 10 mins....

So can anybody help me with this...

jihad85 (original poster)

#2: Post by jihad85 (original poster) »

I just would like to add for the question above, has anyone faced a similar problem with any other type of machines... please share...

Advertisement
yellow_speedster

#3: Post by yellow_speedster »

Well like all, the cappuccinatore starts failing when scale builds up inside the lines. Cleaning with a small brush will not help much most of the times, since the scale is hard to remove.
I do not service the Dolcevita anymore and I'm not familiar with the new Milk Precision System, so I can't point out where to look. In any case, look for a light yellow scale inside any part of the cappuccinatore and scrape it out without damaging the plastic.
The problem you describe is familiar to me and is caused by scale in 95% of the cases.
Hope this helps.
Frank

jihad85 (original poster)

#4: Post by jihad85 (original poster) »

Thank speedster for the information, I just want to make sure I got right. By scale you mean the solid milk in the pipes, and not the Calcium Carbonates that results from hot water...

Thanks again