Has anyone actually tried the Vibiemme Junior Double Boiler?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
dstaver

#1: Post by dstaver »

The new VBM Junior Double Boiler looks like a very interesting machine. It costs only slightly more than a Silvia with PID, but is potentially a much better machine. I can only find opinions on the machine from people who have never tried it. Are there any reviews out? Or has anyone tried the machine and can give an opinion on how it performs?

truemagellen

#2: Post by truemagellen »

In the states it costs double what the Silvia with PID costs and 3 times what a regular silvia costs...so for that price most are choosing other options.

Looks like a great machine if you are getting it at Silvia + PID prices

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

truemagellen wrote:Looks like a great machine if you are getting it at Silvia + PID prices
Jason, I don't follow your reasoning. Even at nearly double the price, many pick an E61 over a Rancilio Silvia for reasons of ease of use, consistency, and in the case of HX espresso machines or the Junior DB, the ability to steam/brew at the same time. Many threads explain the rationale for such a choice, as does Is it worth the extra cost compared to the Rancilio Silvia? for the single boiler Quickmill Alexia.

PS: I find Vibiemme's naming confusing, so for those following along, the original poster is referring to the VIBIEMME DOMO JUNIOR Double Boiler, not to be confused with the Vibiemme DOUBLE DOMO Double Boiler. Hope I got that right... :?
Dan Kehn

Lkolo7

#4: Post by Lkolo7 »

Hi Daniel,

I own a Vibiemme Junior Double Boiler with PID. I added the PID when I bought the machine. It is probably $500 more than the Silvia here in US but is double the fun. I had several friends who used to own a Silvia and I think all of them end up buying an E61. I am not an expert and I can't do a review for you, but I can say that I have been drinking the best espressos of my life since I upgraded to the Vibiemme Junior. It is a great buy.