Need help identifying used Wega model

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sultanoswing

#1: Post by sultanoswing »

[Also posted at CG Forums, but no responses so far!]

This looks like a good deal (it's in NZ, so postage would be expensive to you lot overseas!):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =101936611

Anyone know what this machine is? I'd say it's a Wega Atlas single group, but the knob and pressure gauge arrangement looks slightly different from most online pictures. An older year, perhaps?

Caffewerks

#2: Post by Caffewerks »

Possibly an older Airy Model circa 1990 or so. The good thing about the Wega machines is that other than cosmetic changes the machines are for the most part the same. Boiler sizes and a few minor changes over the years have resulted in a very consistent brand.

Good luck with your purchase!

sultanoswing (original poster)

#3: Post by sultanoswing (original poster) »

Thanks for the photo link, makes it much clearer!

I went ahead and purchased the machine without knowing the exact model number or year (Wega Junior EPU, I'd say, and the seller states it was 4 years old, but it looks older to me as well).

I hope it's as good a deal as it looks, for what is essentially a fully commercial-level machine (price is equiv. to ~1200 USD).

espressme

#4: Post by espressme replying to sultanoswing »

I would believe you did well since it has a true e-61 group. Wega parts seem to be readily acquired around the globe. :D
Good fortune to you!
espressme
richard penney LMWDP #090,

ChrisC

#5: Post by ChrisC »

Can't help with a model number, but we had one of these at my old job, worked great. Sounds like you got a very good deal.

Congrats!

C

cannonfodder
Team HB

#6: Post by cannonfodder »

It looks in pretty good shape. It has some use on it, note the chrome worn off the steam wand, but looks good on the outside.

As Terry points out, Wega has always had solid machines. If memory serves, they even have a heat exchanger for the water tap instead of draining the boiler. I don't know if that holds true for the entire product line, but it was a very unique design.
Dave Stephens

manduca

#7: Post by manduca »

For what it's worth: It's a Wega Airy EPU1.
LMWDP #525 | LWDP #23