La Marzocco 2 Group Rebuild Help - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
networkcrasher

#11: Post by networkcrasher »

CoffeeOwl wrote:For good winds and inspiration: click here.
How about that Faema Legend Lever?? :-D

CoffeeOwl

#12: Post by CoffeeOwl »

dlarrabee wrote:Thanks Coffeeowl, great pictures and it looks like you put ALOT of time into that machine.
You are most welcome. Yes it must have been a lot of work&time&heart, but it wasn't me - I found that site when I was yet deciding what to buy, I was very inspired by it so that I keep it in my bookmarks.
Thanks for appreciating! :)
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

dlarrabee (original poster)

#13: Post by dlarrabee (original poster) »

Ok lastest news I went out and bought another LM machine, the lady guaranteed this one to work, it does leak though. I just got back from the repair guy for the first machine he said the CPU was fine. He can descale it and get it going for 900 bucks. I decided to purchase a newer model from him with a 1 year warranty and a replacment machine if it needs to go into the shop. Now what to do with two machines? sell or fix? Would 1200 be a fair price for both?

HERE ARE BOTH MACHINE THE CLOSEST IS THE ONE I PICKED UP YESTERDAY

TOP VIEW OF THE LASTEST MACHINE, IT DOES LEAK FROM THE GASKET.

dlarrabee (original poster)

#14: Post by dlarrabee (original poster) »

OK this is the latest news, I sold both for 1400. Now I'm moving on to the Faema E97.

Paul_Pratt

#15: Post by Paul_Pratt »

The 1st machine looks like there was some major overheating issue. Maybe the boiler ran dry as it has no safety thermostat and/or the fan that cools the CPU died.

The brew boiler on the 2nd machine looks "interesting" :D

The good thing about Lineas is that are quite bullet-proof and future owners can replace and update parts quite easily, albeit at a price.

CoffeeOwl

#16: Post by CoffeeOwl »

networkcrasher wrote:How about that Faema Legend Lever?? :-D
Oh my God, finally I noticed! :oops: I was looking at this picture last few days trying to figure out what you meant... :D
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

yemanha

#17: Post by yemanha »

dlarrabee wrote:Thanks Coffeeowl, great pictures and it looks like you put ALOT of time into that machine.
CoffeeOwl wrote:You are most welcome. Yes it must have been a lot of work&time&heart, but it wasn't me - I found that site when I was yet deciding what to buy, I was very inspired by it so that I keep it in my bookmarks.
Thanks for appreciating! :)
Thanks a lot. Yes it was a very fun project. You have to spent around 25 - 30 hours of work and replacement parts in order to get it back to live. The machine is still beautiful and makes great coffee.

Best regards
Paul Elmar
Paul Elmar