What are you guys using for a small vacuum? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

It's way to expensive, it has no hose and the batteries only last 5 minutes or so, but it actually sucks so to speak and just like the ads says, it doesn't clog and it's easy to clean. I have the Dyson handheld and it's the best portable vacuum I've ever used. I occasionally see the old version on closeout for $59 which is a steal, the new one is an almost unbelievable $219 at a discount.

Ira

Bob_McBob

#12: Post by Bob_McBob »

I just noticed that Walmart Canada sells that little shop vac for about $35. At 7 pounds, it seems ideal for a little vacuum to clean up my espresso area on a daily basis. I'm seriously thinking about picking one up.
Chris

Psyd

#13: Post by Psyd »

SwingT wrote: First one I bought, was too large - and wouldn't store in the cabinets. plus with it on the floor, had to hold my foot on the damn thing because the hose wasn't long enough to reach
Ya know, if your the least bit handy (or know a carpenter and an electrician that are coffee fiends), you can easily remote the vac. Put the vac where you want it to be, and use PVC pipe to get a lidded 'outlet' where you can plug in the hose and attachments. Run a switch near the grinder, and an outlet near the vac, and VIOLA. Fifteen gallon five horsepower noisy vac outside, quick flip of a switch and attaching a hose inside, and some guy with the moniker of 'Robert' is married to your mom's sister.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

breduta

#14: Post by breduta »

because I havent already spent enough on all the accessories ive been thinking about getting a small vac. Then I realized I can use my regular vacuum with the hose.

RAS

#15: Post by RAS »

xtophr wrote:How 'bout this one?

http://www.shopvacstore.com/product/0-2 ... 124-9.html

It even has an included wall mount. I suppose that you could put it beneath your machine cabinet.
This is the one I have, and it certainly does the job. But it's LOUD! And, it blows out an exhaust port (be aware of that). Up to now, it's been mounted outside in my garage where I'd use with my Cimbali Max grinder. Now that my rig is (finally!) moving indoors as part of a kitchen remodel, this will be the vacuum I drag inside whenever a clean-up is needed.

My one gripe (besides the noise) is the hose is quite stiff on this Shop Vac. I wish it were more flexible, but for the $19 I paid at Target, I won't complain too much.
Bob

Bob_McBob

#16: Post by Bob_McBob »

It's not really ideal, but there doesn't seem to be much choice available between the hand vacuums that aren't all that suitable, and dragging out the main vacuum. I'm guilty of leaving my espresso area a lot dirtier than I should because of this. The little shop vac seems like a worthwhile investment for the price.
Chris

gj91

#17: Post by gj91 »

I have one of the Dyson hand held. It works great. The only issue is the short battery life - about 7 minutes. But keep it in the charger and you will be fine.