Clearance for Quickmill Andreja Premium or Anita direct connect

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ufergus

#1: Post by ufergus »

Would someone be willing to post some pictures of the rear of an Andreja Premium or Anita? I have tight space requirements and would like to see how the cord and direct connect hook into the back. My coffee counter is only 17.5" deep so if the cord is at the bottom I would be out of luck. I need 4" to clear the back wall of the counter. Thanks!
rich

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

It's been years since I wrote the review, but as I recall, the cord exits from the bottom. The closeup below shows that the plumb-in fitting exits from the back-left. You could probably relocate it to the bottom, assuming you're not opposed to drilling stainless steel (!).

From Buyer's Guide to the Quickmill Andreja Premium
Dan Kehn

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Most drain lines also exit from the bottom. Sometimes you need to raise the machine even higher than factory to get enough slope on the drain line for it to work properly. My machines sit on a bar with holes drilled in the top for power/supply/drain lines to run down. The holes are behind the machines, not directly under. One machine has tall legs, around an inch and a half, maybe two inches. It is not a problem. The other is a 'prosumer' machine with cabinet friendly half inch tall legs. It sits too low to get proper drainage and has to sit on blocks.
Dave Stephens

ufergus (original poster)

#4: Post by ufergus (original poster) »

For future reference, I found a set of pictures at Chris' Coffee showing how to remove the outer shell of the Andreja. This shows the back panel and provided the info I was looking for...

http://www.chriscoffee.com/faq
rich

portamento

#5: Post by portamento »

cannonfodder wrote:Most drain lines also exit from the bottom.
Unfortunately, the Andreja Premium is not setup to take a drain line. A plumbed-in machine without a drain line is asking for trouble in my opinion. If I plumbed my Andreja I might have to drill into the drip tray and create my own fitting. :? Unless anyone knows of an easier workaround.
Ryan