Can someone identify this machine? [La Nuova Cuadra] - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DJF (original poster)

#11: Post by DJF (original poster) »

KnowGood wrote:The Faema store here in Canada (Sherway Gardens - Toronto) has that machine for sale. I can't for the life of me remember what it was though?
just googled Faema Store Canada - you guys are right. They do indeed call it a La Nuova Cuadra.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

KnowGood

#12: Post by KnowGood »

Diamond's website is no longer in service which leads me to believe the Diamond Italia was a rebadged La Nuova Era Cuadra since it is still available, and their website active. Funny thing is, I think Faema/ECM are the manufacturer of this machine - more so ECM as the only sites that have anything to do with either the Diamond or La Nuova Era are Australian.

Oh well, the Rocket seems to be the best bang for the buck, at least in my books. I plan to put either that or a La Spaziale Vivaldi on my counter within the next few months. Depends mostly on how much room the wife lets me have.
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

JmanEspresso

#13: Post by JmanEspresso »

Alan Frew

#14: Post by Alan Frew »

DJF wrote:Great response! Thank you. Yup - it is indeed a Diamond Italia. Just had a call from the site owner here in Australia. I never thought I would hear from them. This machine is no longer imported into Australia, apparently because it was a bit of a dog - flimsy plastic side panels - no parts and no service backup.
Am I allowed to gloat? There is a veritable torrent of assorted E-61 type machines being imported into Oz, but when it comes down to backing them up, the torrent becomes a miniscule trickle. The FIRST question you need to ask when buying a machine is "Who's gonna fix it when it breaks?"

Alan